Keene, NH
Otter Brook DGC Share
Uploaded By: solomon.trenton Hole #1 (Taken 9/2013)
3 / --   3 / 325ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #1 "A" Tee

Lovely course in woods

1    12/27/2013   12/29/2013
Review By: Chezziebr
Pros: Trees, terrain, rather difficult. After 9 holes I was tired.
Cons: Its steep in some areas, and we played in the snow, so if you are not sure-footed you might want to wait until spring. Otherwise we loved it.
Other Thoughts: The course is rather challenging for how short it is. Loved the technical tree holes, the elevation gain/loss for each hole, and the overall lovely-ness of the area.

This Course will be a Gem

5+    9/26/2013   9/26/2013
Review By: breck66
Pros: Two tee pads for each hole, gorgeous setting, dramatic elevation change, plenty of risk VS reward shots. Almost daily improvements are being made. Local league is drawing new players to the sport
Cons: Tee Pads are natural but will be upgraded next spring, gets soggy in spots after heavy rain,
Other Thoughts: As the co-designer and head worker for the course I am obviously biased, that being said, I have played for a long time and know what constitutes a solid design and decent layout. Otter Brook Park will challenge you, require every shot in your arsenal. She will provide you with moments of joy, followed by agony that will only leave you wanting to come back again and try to master her. Back 9 is flagged and marked but work will not begin until I have a solid crew of workers supporting me. If you are in the area come check it out, and hit me up for a guided tour, I live 3 miles away and am usually on the course Sat-Sun

New 9 Hole in Keene NH

5+    9/22/2013   9/24/2013
Review By: rcj333
This review was updated on 4/19/2014
Pros: This is a new course in town and thusly "my" course. Also I am a beginner disc player. Otter Brook is nicely laid out and I think has a nice variety of holes. Despite the fact there are a ton of trees, I feel like this is a pretty forgiving course. When I mess up, I still feel like there is a shot to be made to get to the basket.
Cons: Course is not quite done. Needs better Tee boxes and signage. Word is that 9 more holes are coming in the spring. It is a work in progress and could be a real gem in the next couple years.
Other Thoughts: It is on Army Core of Engineers land. So you park in the Otter Brook Dam area in the summer and play from hole 1. After Labor Day, the gate is closed and you need to park at gate and walk in. The 5th hole is where most start and is on the right hand side of the road just after the fork in the road. Hole 7 is the hole that can wreck a round. Ace opportunities on 2 and 9.