Rockaway Beach, OR
Twin Rocks DGC Share

Twin Rocks (NOT) Friends & Conference Center

1    5/27/2014   5/27/2014
Pros: Sorry, I can't be real kind to Twin Rocks DGC since they are basically telling us disc golfers that we are Not Welcome, Go Away, Stay Out and Take A Hike!

When I called and spoke to the lady in charge about playing, I was told that they were not equipped to handle drop ins and I wouldn't be able to play unless I was staying with a group at their camp.

But when you're dealing with a professional course bagger such as myself, there's always a way. On the pitiful rainy, drizzly day I arrived, no-one was manning their little guardhouse at the front. Rather than check in at the office, I just went ahead and attempted to play their course. There seems to be nine (9) baskets spread out among the camp. There are no signs or visible tee pads so I just played a safari round. I did have the on-line map but it didn't help me much.
Cons: No signs.
No tee pads.
You're not welcome here.
You're not invited.
Go away!
Other Thoughts: Yeah, this course probably should be removed from DGCR's registry of courses. Or leave it on there so Oregon can count it as a course even though no-one is allowed to play it. You won't be missing much!

Fun if in the area...

1    9/14/2013   9/15/2013
Review By: CaptianTrilogy
Pros: Great baskets, good variety of shots, good people running the camp.
Cons: Short!!! Lots of walking to get to the next tee pads (which aren't marked) hole two is on the other side of camp, hole one is in the back with 8,9. Plays through group picnic area and volleyball nets, so got to be careful...
Other Thoughts: If in the area, see if you can drop by... it would be fun, plus Rockaway is a fun little town.