Three Lakes gets Three Thumbs Up
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1) Beginner friendly with holes under 300' and as short as 156'
2) The property is perfect for disc golf.
3) Nice mature Pine trees and some deciduous trees in spots too.
4) Nice sandy soil with pine needles all over . . . that helps tremendously to keep down the underbrush because of the acidity.
5) Nice attractive wood tee signs with Hole # and distance (albeit in yards).
6) Nice Discatcher baskets.
Cons: 1) While concrete is always my favorite . . . these tees are 3'x5' and it forces you to step onto the tee during your throwing motion. It is just a little awkward.
2) The difficulty on this course will be on a couple of holes where there is some unmowed grass and some buckthorn will come into play. Aside from 2 holes of this it is a well maintained pretty course.
3) Course is completely flat . . . almost no elevation change.
4) There is a pond near the #1 tee . . . I wish that could have been incorporated.
Other Thoughts: All in all this is a really nice school course. Short enough for the kids to enjoy the sport, but challenging enough to not bore them with wide open straight holes. If an Intermediate level player who has played over 600 courses such as myself can have fun throwing these holes, then most others will enjoy this course too. Give it a shot, don't go way out of your way for it, but if you are in the area you might as well stop by and play it. I needed to in my quest for all of the courses in WI!
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.