Best course at Anna Page!
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Long wooded course that will challenge your game. The mixture of holes will make you think about your shot every time from the drive to the putt.
Cons: A little over grown at times, but still enjoyable.
Other Thoughts: Worth checking out. Plan on a longer than average round, because you'll want to take your time.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
3 in one? oh my!
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: The third course. Fantastic addition to the other two 18 holers on property. The woods add an element that was sorely lacking. The majority of the fairways are lined up with more trees than you can handle. The attention to detail on several different things. Blend of righty/lefty. The need to punish strokes. Use of what the land gave them. Plenty of length for the bombers to showcase their skill. The yellow bands make it easy to see in the woods. Use of astroturf for the tees during the honeymoon period. There is very little elevation at the Page and the locals made good use of it for several holes.
Cons: For a 920-960 rated player, Several of the holes felt like tweeners in score separation with too far for a 2/3 and too short for a 4/5. Some of y'all may call this par 3.5. Although difficult in the woods: Stay out of the rough. The locals did an excellent job removing brush for the fairways but the rough is still rough!! poison ivy, thorns, and more things than man should have to handle. As a result, wearing shorts is not for the weak-minded. The first time navigating this course could lead to a couple of misdirections. Some of the baskets are nearby each other so take a map or a local if you're a first timer with no patience. As a new course, it is R-O-U-G-H.
Other Thoughts: Hole #3 is actually closer to the parking lot than #1.
No water, no downhill bombers. The risk lies within keeping your disc on the fairway or bombing as far as you can on the open fields.
Of all three courses on the same property - this is the one that will stroke you the most. So be prepared to be frustrated and come back for more.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Great addition to an established park.
5 Helpful / 3 Not
The south course is the newest addition of a total of 3 courses at Anna Page Park.
- Great layout with plenty of wooded tunnel shots and tight fairways.
- A good amount of lefty and righty holes and everything in between.
- Disc catcher baskets with the yellow bands make it easy to locate baskets throughout the course.
- There are a few long bombs out and around the perimeter of the wooded section of the course along with a few tee's that throw from inside the woods, out into the open, to back inside the woods.
- fairways are well defined with paths in between to navigate back and forth to other holes if needed which is nice because this course is so heavily wooded.
- Nice elevation changes throughout and it flows nicely. Temporary AstroTurf was laid down for tee pads which make it nice to drive on.
No real cons here since this course in it's very early stages with lots of work to be done. Hopefully, people who review this course will keep that in mind.
5 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.