9 Helpful / 0 Not
It's #1. No really, I give it a 1
Pros: - Small parking area at hole #1 in the power companies parking lot
- There is a baseball field about 200' away
- There is a small sign/billboard at hole #1
- The map posted in the billboard is accurate but hole #1 is marked as hole #7
- Gravel tees are okay, better than muddy natural tees, but they are uneven
- There are wooden kickboards at the front of the gravel tees
- I like the short wooden poles marking the tees with numbered labels
- The baskets are old but not in any kind of bad/rusty condition. They are also labeled which is a plus.
- Very low traffic by anyone
- No vandalism
- Grass seemed to be trimmed and maintained
Cons: - No pavilion, benches or trashcans
- No multiple tees
- Scenery and landscape is bland and dull
- No bathrooms
- The distances seemed cramped with the small space this course covers. Even the two holes that reach 300' felt very cramped. If there was only one other group playing disc golf on this course you would have to keep a constant eye out because you could be hit or hit someone from just about any tee
- No elevation changes
- The flow is awkward and dangerous. At one point there are 3 tees in the same circle. Having said that, the designers did what they could with the area provided to them and I give them a thumbs up for trying.
Other Thoughts: - Virtually no challenge but come here if you want some aces with putters.
- The most challenging hole was hole #4. 245' with a tree blocking a decent anny shot to the left and rough/trees/army depot to the right.
- Favorite hole is hole #7. After all the other holes it just felt great to rip one as hard as I could and loosen up my arm.
- I'm glad the course is there. I'm glad any disc golf course is anywhere. But this is a course for kids to get started on. This is not a 'destination' type course. This is something you do one time, just for fun, after hitting one of the good local courses.
- My hope is that this small course has gotten kids into disc golf in the past and will continue to do so.
9 of 9 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.