Chesterfield, MO
Logan University DGC Share
Uploaded By: Brokensaint Hole #1 (Taken 9/2013)

2-4    8/13/2014   8/13/2014
Review By: blake13
Pros: - An 18-hole course in West County
- Beautiful scenery
- Good mix of elevation
- Well-maintained
Cons: - Natural teepads
- Several holes with unreasonable pars
- Legitimate water hazards that might not even be avoided with a decent shot
- Poison ivy in woods (left me itching for two weeks)
- Poor flow at several points (if you don't go with someone who knows the course, you will get lost)
- Absence of trash cans
Other Thoughts: There is one motto to remember when playing at Logan: "You're one bad roll away from losing a disc." I have played Logan four different times, and I have lost a disc three of those times. This course is incredibly difficult, largely due to natural factors. Even the best of disc golfers will find themselves with a couple double bogeys at Logan.

Doesn't live up to the hype

1    3/20/2014   5/25/2014
Review By: DISCenchanted
Pros: -Beautiful location and scenery
-Good mix of holes and use of terrain
-Lots of different shots come into play here
-Water hazards(not typical for STL courses)
Cons: -Absolutely TERRIBLE flow and course design
-Wooded holes seem highly redundant, every one seemed like a short dog-leg left/hyzer putter ace run
-Natural pads
Other Thoughts: I heard nothing but praise for this course when it opened. "Championship caliber", "must play" and what not. So I was stoked when I got a chance to finally play it. That excitement quickly turned to disappointment and frustration. You are going to get lost on this course without guidance. I didn't even find 5 or 6 of the holes. I gave up and left after playing a mish mash of random holes I was able to locate. Prototypical Dave Mac design.

That said, some of the holes are great and this is a challenging course. But I quickly got bored when the wooded holes turned into blatent repetitiveness. Throwing from the blue tees would have alleviated some of this. I lost count of the <200ft left-hand doglegs from the red tees.

This course has GOBS of potential, but the layout is absolutely terrible.