Needs a good trimming!!!
0 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: It's a disc golf course
Some holes are challenging
Cons: Mosquitoes are bad
Grass is high
Tee pads suck
Other Thoughts: It's a city park so getting the city to do anything is like pulling teeth! I would go out there myself and chop the stuff down if I played it regularly, but I don't and won't... it's a short drive to Justin Trails, do the Little Brother, doesn't take up too much of your day.
0 of 1 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Good Beginner/Intermediate Course
Pros: Interesting Hole Layout/Design
Not too easy and not too tough. Trees here force a few different types of shots.
Quick Play. Took about a half hour or so to get through all 9 holes.
Pretty Nice Baskets
Cons: Navigating is sort of difficult if you've never played here before. There are a few arrows painted on trees to help get through some holes.
No markers near the Tee Boxes
Other Thoughts: Could definitely use some tee markers. There are several holes that play around water (holes 1, 2 & 3) There is a ton of room here. It for sure has the potential for a back 9. I would definitely play here again.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Nice small-town Course
Pros: * Possesses some really unique and fun holes
* Not much traffic to deal with
* Every hole is unique (also see cons)
* Great baskets
* Elevation on a few holes, as well as water in-play on 2 holes
* Most holes are well wooded or guarded by trees
* Decent flow of course
* Quick, yet enjoyable play
Cons: - Tee boxes not well designated (as of 1/2014)
- most of the holes would be considered short (aside from hole 8)
- Some holes are likely to be flooded in the spring months
- Mosquitoes will likely be insane during the summer months
- Some holes are incredibly tight, so if long and open is your thing, this is not the course for you
- Only 9 holes... as of now
Other Thoughts: I played this course on New Year's Day, so my perception of how it is normally played may be a bit skewed. it was tons of fun, but I can imagine that in the spring it could be incredibly wet and in the summer infested by insects. With that said, it is a unique and fun course. If you are in the area to play Justin trails, this course is worthy of a quick 9.
Word has it that another (possibly championship level) 18 is in development at this park. Time will tell.
(Update 5/19/2014) - Have played this course a few times since the review and bumped up my rating a bit. There are some great holes on this course and it is a fun, quick course, albeit somewhat easy. The course is in the process of an 18-hole redesign as well. My only concern is that several of the holes may be unplayable during the wet season.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Nice Intermediate level 9 holer
Pros: 1) Design takes into account some great features of the property.
2) Unique hole design on a couple of the holes.
3) Challenge is present on every shot despite the shorter hole lengths.
4) Mach V baskets are my favorite.
5) Plenty of trees come into play, some mature and sprawling and some are shorter and more dense.
6) The river comes into play on one hole also . . . sorry Jason, I hope you got your disc back.
7) This course fits nicely in between the school course at Meadowview Intermediate School and the Justin Trails Resort in terms of providing a a course for a different skill set. Seasoned players will like this and those beginners who fall in love with the sport will also enjoy this one.
Cons: 1) Natural tees will become an issue down the road, but I did see pavers scattered in a few spots so I am wondering if those are being used for tee pads.
2) Not what I would call a beginner friendly course, because of the brush, the potential disc loss on #2 and #3 and some of the tightness of the holes in the woods.
Other Thoughts: I enjoyed this course a lot. It was a quick play despite the challenge. It has some unique hole design, forces you to throw a little of everything, and has a nice variety. Check it out if you are ever in Sparta.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.