Evansville, WI
Evansville DGC Share
Uploaded By: puttlikeablowfly Hole #1 (Taken 10/2013)
Hole #1 Long Tee

Awesome 9er!

1    7/20/2014   7/20/2014
Review By: ElementZ
Pros: What a great little course this is!

I loved the water holes, 1,7,8 & 9! Each of them takes advantage of the creek in a great way. #9 might be the best finishing hole of any 9-hole course I've ever played.

There are two sets of tees which add some unique perspectives to the course, which already has great replay ability even with just one set of tees.

The equipment is absolutely top. The tees are great and the baskets catch super and are very visible.

I love the design. It made excellent use of the land and made for a super fun round. I played three rounds in a row and was hungry for another, but we had to go due to time constraints.
Cons: Just a few.

No tee signs or course map yet which made going through the course a bit tricky the first time through, but the flow is very intuitive once you get the feel for it.

No bomber holes. Instead, this course focuses on technical touch shots where your line and landing are everything.

The park can be busy and plays close to some streets that cuts through the park. While this can be a hazard, they do make excellent OB lines.
Other Thoughts: I only rate 9-holers out of 4 (instead of 5) and this is definitely a 3.5/4, no doubts about it. It's definitely one of my top 3 favorite 9ers I've played. I hope to come back another day!!

p.s. I just uploaded a rough map in Link/Files to give new players an idea of the flow. Hope it helps!

Evansville DG Course Review

5+    3/20/2014   4/8/2014
Review By: Sendelbach17
Pros: - 2 tee pads and pin locations for each basket
- Elevation Change (Up and Down)
- Has enough trees to make it challenging without being overwhelming
- Having the creek as an obstacle that is narrow and shallow enough in most places to retrieve your discs
Cons: - Creek is a hazard that might easily mess up newer and intermediate players
- Currently no cement teepads
- Currently no official signs
- Only 9 holes

GREAT little course in a beautiful park!!!

2-4    11/3/2013   11/4/2013
Review By: Glide
Pros: This 9 hole course has a lot to offer. Beautiful park. Really well designed course. Balanced layout. Two sets of rubber tee pads on each hole. New Innova DISCatcher Pro Targets with 28 chains. Holes 1-8 have two baskets locations. Hole 9 (signature hole) has (and only needs) one. There are a lot of mature oaks throughout the course. This will offer a lot of shade on those hot sunny days. A beautiful stone walled creek comes into play on holes 1, 7, 8 and 9. I was told by the course pro that the water level is typically just a few inches deep so discs lost in the water should be few are far between. There's even a little elevation on one of hole 1's greens as well as holes 2 (uphill) and 5 (downhill).
Cons: Keep in mind that this course is all of about two weeks old at the time of this review.

No practice basket. The course pro said that there are plans to add one.

No tee signs. Again, the course pro said that tee signs are in the works.

For those who prefer concrete tee pads over rubber, the course pro explained that concrete pads will be poured after the course gets at least a full season of play under its belt to see if any part of the layout needs to be changed.

This is a relatively short course, even from the long tees to the longer baskets locations (average of 331 feet). While hole 6 is 575 feet and arguably a par 4, the next longest hole is 390 (hole 3) followed by 340 (hole 4).
Other Thoughts: Again, already a well designed course in a beautiful park. Not a finished product, so my hunch is that this course will only get better with time. Great job to everyone who helped make this course happen!

Subtly Awesome

1    10/25/2013   10/25/2013
This review was updated on 10/28/2013
Pros: 1) Nice brand new discatchers.

2) Alternate basket locations are already installed.

3) Two sets of tees appropriately designed for Recreational through Advanced level players. Open players this could will be a deuce or die type layout.

4) Excellent variety on this course.

5) Water comes into play on 4 of the 9 holes. Generally it is not difficult to avoid the water but it will come into play for some players. More than anything it creates doubt in peoples minds and might force a bad shot.

6) Elevation change on a coupe of holes with equal amount of up and down.

7) Nice mature Oaks and other hardwood trees would have made this course fun even if that is the only feature it had . . . the rest of the features make it a great course.

8) Rubber mats were installed on top of compacted gravel. They were all level and firm! Nice start.

9) BEAUTIFUL property.

10) This course forces you to throw a handful of different shots. You need anhyzers, hyzers, straight fliers, mid-range drives as well as drivers, I also found myself throwing a roller. You need to play safe on some holes and the risk/reward is present on a few of the shots.
Cons: 1) I know it is brand new so take this with a grain of salt. Rubber mats were installed properly and on top of compacted gravel. I only hope they retain the gravel soon so that it does not just erode away leaving the rubber mats to settle and get lumpy.

2) The water is more a visual challenge than a throwing challenge but I will never complain about water on a DG course since we have so little of it in WI.

3) I wish there was a little more variety in distances. I notice three holes in a row at 195' from the shorts. I like to see differences just for the simple fact it makes you question disc selection. In the end you still need to throw the shot, but I like some doubt to enter peoples minds just when they read the distance.

4) No Tee Signs currently . . . DISCLAIMER: This con does not factor in my course rating because I am sure they will put in tee signs. I just happened to be there immediately after this course was installed. I JUST RECEIVED WORD THAT TEE SIGNS ARE BEING WORKED ON ALREADY.
Other Thoughts: I cannot say exactly where this course falls in my rankings, but for 9 hole courses, this course is definitely top 5 in WI. I need to really analyze the other courses but will update this review when I do figure out exactly where it falls.

I have to say this was a very enjoyable experience and it is a really beautiful property. Not only does it have the mature trees, some minor elevation changes, but it also has water in play on 4 holes. . . a rarity in WI. This is one of the most complete courses I have encountered. Some courses are all wooded and tight, some are all prairie and open, some have a ton of water, some have a ton of ups and down in elevation, but this one has some of it all!