4 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: The best I've played. Finding your way to the next tee is the only thing easy here. Lots of variety, good elevation changes, you will use all your skills here and throw all different kinds of shots. This course has it all, up down long short left right straight you name it. Shot selection is key. Tight fairways will punish the slightest mistakes in big ways and will reward precision just as well
Cons: Only thing I can think of is maybe a few more holes with 500+ ft
Other Thoughts: Now that the Albemarle disc golf association is back in full swing this course is really being cared for. Those guys give this course that little extra above the rest bringing bimonthly tournaments (first and third saturdays at one o'clock). Scorecards updates on the bulletin board at hole one and even posting tourney results and best rounds etc. If you happen to see an ADGA member while at this course be sure to thank them.
4 of 6 people found this review helpful.
7 Helpful / 8 Not
A+ = Top Shelf!
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up (from the longs):
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- A+ (This course will spank you if you make bad decisions, get too aggressive, or do not execute to plan - perfection!)
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- A (Several holes are a little too long for me, so that makes birdies not to be expected, but with the terrain and narrowness pars are still rewarding....and I can live with bogeys on those holes. BTW, I start losing accuracy at 300'. The other holes are perfectly challenging/rewarding!)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- A+ (Wow! The design forces so many different shot shapes and combinations of power and finesse that every round will offer a whole new set of challenges.)
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- A+ (This course exemplifies my favorite kind of beauty.)
5) Multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- B+ (I wish there were a few more multi-shot holes, but the ones there are a great combination of decision making and executing your shots).
Other Thoughts: I ranked this course subjectively based on my own personal enjoyment factorůmore accurately my "personal addiction factor". Since I have played a decent number of courses (115 18-hole, 50 9-hole as of early 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they chose courses to play and explore.
I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me. See my profile for my rating philosophy.
7 of 15 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 7 Not
Pros: Lovely huge park, Tight hallways right from Tee 1. Nice selection of holes from the tightest of hallways to some beautiful open shots. LOTS of elevation here so play smart! Park was VERY clean with trash cans at every hole.
Cons: The only problem I had with this course was no Tee Signs at the Blue Tee's but other than that LOVELY park!
Other Thoughts: Play this park if you get a chance
4 of 11 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.