Albemarle, NC
Uploaded By: YonderScott Hole #14

Love me some Fox

1    11/21/2012   11/21/2012
Review By: Disc Junky
Pros: Such an Amazing Park.

Any shot you can imagine apart from water is at this course.
You want a 300 foot valley shoot then its there. You want a 100 foot elevation change hill its there. Left and right dog legs alike.

Signs to next tee are at every basket so navigation is very easy.

Hole 11 was by far my favorite hole at the course with a 305 foot throw over a large valley its just beautiful.

1-7 play out pretty straight forward, but once your past that, you are gonna love the use of elevation at this beautiful course.

You'll go uphill and downhill dog leg left with a 100 foot elevation change.

Plenty of seating at every single hole.

Very clean and well kept course.

The design to me is just amazing. It rivals my favorite course of Idlewild in Burlington, KY and that's saying a lot.
Cons: Its very hard to find any but there is a missing sign at hole 9.

Some different lines would be nice if they were added. Its pretty much one line to get to the hole.

Some steps could be added for some of the steeper elevation changes. It does get a bit tiring going up and down hills through the back part of this course.
Other Thoughts: If your passing through NC and are within a couple hours of Fox Chase then do yourself a favor and play this course. I'm happy I live less then an hour away from it. I will be going back many times.

Great Course!

2-4    7/22/2012   7/24/2012
Review By: AustnSavage
Pros: -Great layout
-Beautiful area
Cons: Not many that I can think of. Great course to visit if you're nearby!
Other Thoughts: Went with a buddy of mine while we were in NC. Had no desire to visit any other courses because Fox Chase is so fun! Highly recommend it!

100degrees and counting

1    7/8/2012   7/9/2012
Review By: albert8fish
Pros: Nice layout, older forrest means less lost discs. I played the short tees and had a good time, the holes that are short are still cleverly done. This is about shaped shots and a driver was not in my hand much.Buzzzzzz territory for sure. Flick and back hand players equally matched. The long tees look brutal at times, that is a great contrast to the short pins. There is a pool at the park with a high dive btw. Not sure the cost/hours, but after a hot summer round could be good medicine.
Cons: Signs were pretty good, I think three is missing one, however. I like tight fairways that punish you,so, I can't gripe about that. If you like challenging lines, this is great. Compared to Charlotte courses I am used to, this is higher ranked in my eyes than any intermediate course. (Kilborne/Sugaw/Idewild)
It has a vibe that you don't get at those parks.
Other Thoughts: I drove an hour or so from South Charlotte to get to this park. I am glad I did. When it is cooler weather I will play two rounds there no problem. The park is nice and clean, and the course reflects that as well. Make the trip if you want something new.

this isnt the mountains

5+    5/11/2012   5/11/2012
Review By: BraveThrower43
Pros: This course has a lot of them.

Nice Concrete pads and benches on every hole make this course nice in the first place.

The Teesigns are great and the mistakes that showed invisible long pads have been fixed.

The elevation is extreme and unique for this area( maybe RL smith and Stumpy Creek can rival it but idk)

The design is excelent it uses the land avalible very well. There is water in play on a hole or two, one or 2 open bombs on the longs and serious elevation and mix of right left straight.

I love the way that the first 4 holes lul you to sleep and then bam the course gets tough!

Hole 7 just blows your mind when you reach it and you look straight up and think WTF where did this come from?!

Hole 5 is one of my favorites I have played. It is a short ace run at first glance but beware the ob creek is less than 10ft behind the pin. I Chained out from the tee and ended up ob once so run it at your own risk

Navigation is simple and the3 course is beat in well with very little brush like undergrowth overall.

Few people play this course so you will likely have it to yourself when you play.
Cons: maybe lack of trashcans and holes 4 & 6 get soggy after a rain Other than that cant think of much as far as cons go.
Other Thoughts: This course gets lost in the shuffle being so close to Charlotte. Even I live closer to it than many of the Charlotte courses and go into crown town most of the time. It's a shame honestly. It is incredibly suprising when you find this mountain like course in an area that seems to have very little terrain.

If you are relativly close this course is definatly worth your time.

2-4    11/23/2011   1/4/2012
Review By: Pooterpig
Pros: Well thought out course. It obviously has members who take care of the course.A very nice selection of pin placements. Wooded but a joy to walk.
Cons: Better signs.
Other Thoughts: I recommend this course to anyone in the area. I will play it every time I am in Albermarle.

I want to move to Fox Chade

1    9/13/2011   9/13/2011
Review By: atomicted
Pros: Clean, great terrain, easy to navigate, fun to play. I played 8 courses this week in Charlotte, and played this one on the way back home because of the reviews on here. It was easily are favorite.
Cons: My ace run on 16 bounced out of the basket. It could use tee signs on the back tees, there was filthy words written on the bathroom stall(I did laugh).I'm can't think of any cons.
Other Thoughts: If you have the chance go play it. It is pretty hilly so wear good foot wear. This is my first review, cause I like the course that much.

My favorite NC public course.

1    6/21/2011   9/4/2011
Review By: Connor Jones
Pros: Ok,this course is badass,simple as that,it has a ton of elevation,and definitely puts a huge premium on throwing with accuracy.

I definitely found myself needing to pull out every single disc in my bag here,for every possible shot,I threw flicks down tight hallways,cut rollers,hyzers,straight shots with my fuse,and everything inbetween,it was an awesome experience.

Large concrete pads are always a bonus.

I feel like this course really combines my favorite aspects of NC courses,to make one super-couse,and that makes me extremely happy.

Quite a few memorable holes out here,personal favorites being 13,because I gave it a nice run,and 16,because it was the only good flick I threw all night,but it was awesome to watch a disc just wind through the trees,and a miracle.
Cons: I can't really think of any true cons,I don't remember any trashcans,and the only restroom is before hole one,and you won't see it again till after 18,but honestly,this course is so awesome those small things don't really matter.
Other Thoughts: I had driven about 6 1/2 hours to North Carolina the evening I played this course,then I had to drive another 35-40 minutes to this course once I had arrived at my original destination,and it was totally worth it.

Also getting to play with Chain-Addicted and BroD was an experience,so thanks to both of them for meeting me out there that evening.

Make it out to this course,you will not be disappointed.

First Class

5+    8/29/2011   8/30/2011
Review By: livedoen4
Pros: Great wooded course. Practice basket and restrooms at the entrance. Large tee pads and signs at each hole. The whites play out as a 5074ft par 56 while the blues are a 6497ft par 58. The course is well maintained and free of litter. The transition between holes are short and easy to navigate. The lines are fair and the underbrush is beat down.
Cons: A few more trashcans are needed. Additional tee signs on the blues would also be helpful.
Other Thoughts: The local disc golf club keeps this course looking great. It's well worth a trip from Raleigh or the crowded courses in Charlotte.

1    8/26/2011   8/26/2011
Review By: NCSU2002
Pros: Well laid out, good mix of woods and open, lots of elevation changes. The two tees present a reasonable option for amateurs and a much more challenging tee for pros.
The course is definitely well maintained, nice pads, signs are present everywhere, and they even have little yellow arrows to show you the hidden baskets without walking halfway up the hole.
Also the rough wasn't that rougn and we found 1 taco of a disc and lost 0.
Cons: I can't think of a whole lot to say as far as cons, but I don't think this is the "perfect" course. There were a couple of holes that didn't have multiple lines of attack, I throw lots of sidearm and the course doesn't have as many right curves as most. It was also pretty physically exhausting with all the elevation changes and the muggy woods atmosphere on the back. None of these are really cons but they are how I justify 4.5 instead of 5
Other Thoughts: Great course, will definetly make the 1 hour trip again to play this one and will bring friends. Nicest course I have played within an hour of the Winston-Salem area

5+    6/30/2011   7/2/2011
Review By: Benttreedg
This review was updated on 10/13/2011
Pros: This course is amazing. It will bring everything out of you and then some more. You will attempt every shot type and use many different discs in your bag. There are two holes that are up hill a good bit so grab something to drink before holes 8 and 17. Really tight fairways so make sure you bring your A game when you play.

Cons: Can't really think of any course was amazing and very nicely kept up.