Course Extinct
Battle Creek, MI
Kimball Pines Share
Uploaded By: DirtyMittenDG Hole #9 (Taken 9/2009)

"Welcome to Jurassic Park"

1    5/27/2011   5/31/2011
Review By: bygwyllay
Pros: EPIC SETTING. We pulled in and just stared. I'm quite cerain these pines are older than the Good Lord himself. Awestruck as we stopped the car and found our way over to hole 1. No one in sight, it was almost TOO quiet. This set up for a down-the-rabbit hole round.

LENGTH. This ain't for the noodle-armed. Tight tunnel shots abound as you drive and drive again, weaving your way from tee to tee.

BASKETS. All the pins had double chains to really grab your put and drop it into the basket. However, if you glance them they will reject your throw.
Cons: MARKERS. Hardly any on the first six or seven holes, although I did like the mysterious blue marks on the trunks letting you know you were on the right path. It was like an episode of Scooby Doo looking for clues. No cement tees on the front half made it confusing on where to throw from; especially hole #2. Once you made it past the front 9, the signs were there but they made finding your way even more confusing: half of them were scribbled out with a sharpie and different hole numbers were written in; there were also different numbers on the front and back! Luckily most of the holes were pretty straightforward so it was easy to tell where you were throwing, even if you couldn't see the pin from the tee. I'm pretty sure we didn't play the course in order because of this, but we hit 15 or 16 so we did our best. I also think the basket for 17 (downhill shot) was missing when we played.
Other Thoughts: This course could be phenomenal (4.5 territory) if it was kept up a bit more and marked clearly. I really enjoyed the ambiance and the challenging holes. Favourite holes were #2 and 3, which had you throwing from one side of the pines to the other, crossing the massive gravel pit.

This course comes complete with velociraptor pen!

Must Love Trees

1    3/21/2009   3/21/2009
Review By: FoleyT
Pros: Challenging, several elevation changes, tight fairways, but not impossible (well, 16 is stretching it a bit). Scenic, somewhat secluded Michigan woodland course. Cement tee pads.
Cons: Confusing to find the course, and sometimes the natural course flow might be confusing if you don't have a guide. Seems long for the amount of trees you are frequently asked to maneuver through and around. Several missing baskets when we played it.
Other Thoughts: Will need to return when baskets get replaced, and I'd probably rethink my score and give it a 3 or 3.5.