Yorktown Heights, NY
FDR State Park Share

FDR Course

1    9/6/2014   9/8/2014
Review By: Lord Hondo
Pros: Front 9 are very challenging (only played the white baskets) and mostly wooded. The whole course makes you test every shot you have in your arsenal or shows you how much more practice you need. Hole 5 was the most memorable whole to me, 510ft to the pin sitting on the side of a scenic lake. Throwing downhill through a tunnel of trees, you can be rewarded handsomely if you get it right, or almost throw it into the lake like me. Tees were nice and signage was great.
Literally its own exit from the Taconic parkway, couldnt be anymore convenient.
Cons: Long holes...I like me a long hole, but one after the other can make them just plain boring. I would rather have 2 different holes in the space that was taken for one flat ground 700ft hole. It was the end of the summer and my buddy and i made the mistake of thinking we didnt need high socks, huge mistake. The rough and out of bounds were unforgiving, you really needed spotters for most of the holes on the back 9. The fantastic tick signs were a constant reminder of our sock folly.
Other Thoughts: Had to pay for parking cause its in season, but thats not that big a deal for the quality of the course.

Really Long course!

1    10/15/2013   5/13/2014
Review By: beacon1b
Pros: Wide variety of open field and wooded holes.
Cons: Difficult to find some tees, and know where the baskets are. Fairly long walks between many tees.
Other Thoughts: The course has had improvements since I played last year, so I look forward to playing again.

FDR

1    4/12/2014   4/20/2014
Review By: SnowSerf
Pros: I can't believe no one has reviewed this course. It is a beast! New hole layouts and super long. Two holes 700+ and many over 500. Two baskets on each hole and nice tee boxes. Mainly flat with some woods on the front and open areas for the long holes. Close to the Taconic. Westchester Disc Golf Enthusiasts keeps good care of the course and puts on some PDGA events.
Cons: The first tee is a little hard to find as all the kiosks we could find had no dg information on them. From May until October you have to pay to park so if you're going for just the course, (its a huge park with lots of stuff going on), you'll have to pay up.