Conroe, TX
McDade Park Share
Uploaded By: srm_520 Hole #1 (Taken 6/2009)

Conroe's cranky neighbors

5+    6/11/2009   6/12/2009
Review By: sam_puck
Pros: Concrete tee pads. Variety of shots. Big beautiful trees. Well maintained park with facilities. Quiet, shaded, tee signs with distances. Water barely comes into play on 2 holes.
Cons: There are houses which are pretty much ON the course. I had one errant throw that landed in their front yard on the edge of their flower bed. I quickly strolled over to retrieve it, and exited just as fast. This was not the fenced yard and there was no signs here. I still heard voices from INSIDE the house, discussing their disdain. It did not damage anything and I don't see the harm in this at all. If the people hate the sport so much, why don't they move. I would LOVE to have a disc golf course across the street from my house! Especially one of this caliber.
Other Thoughts: It has been 3 or 4 years since I played this, before the other day, so the new holes were a little more difficult than the rest of the course. I did get a little lost with the new configuration. I miss living close to this course. I'd play here everyday. I can't wait to go back.

Great course

1    3/9/2008   7/8/2008
Review By: Midnightbiker
This review was updated on 7/12/2009
Pros: Beautiful course. Lots of trees, and scenery makes this one of the nicest course in the Houston area. Great mix of short and long holes. A few tight fairways, as well as several holes that are nice and wide open. Several ace runs on this course, as well as lots of holes where you can just "rip it" and let it fly. Also a nice mix of terminal holes thrown in as well. River comes into play in #1 making this hole more of a challenge. New holes #2 and #3 add a new challenge to this already great course.
Cons: A little hard to navigate for first timers. Can get a little crowded at times. Watch out for the house near hole number # 12. The guy in the house hates disc golf, so make sure you keep your disc off his property.
Other Thoughts: This course is a ways from Houston, but worth the drive. One of my favorite courses to play. I don't get to play it that often, but when I do, I have a great time. If you are going to play this course , make sure you skip the park entrance, and take a right at the next street. Use that parking lot. The #18 basket is right there, so if you park there, and walk to hole #1, when you are done playing, you don't have to walk that far back to the car.