Estero, FL
Estero DGC Share
Uploaded By: Dave242 Hole #4 (Taken 3/2014)
-- / --   -- / --   3 / 324ft.   3 / 349ft. Par / Distance:
Hole #4 Short Tee

Good Course

1    7/15/2014   7/24/2014
Review By: rmadison1
Pros: Course lay out is fairly easy to follow the first time out. I liked the how some holes were very challenging and some were moderate to easy. The park the course is in is very nice.
Cons: Lost a disc in the water on hole one. I was poking around in the long grass on the edge of the water and I surprised a small alligator. Scared the you know what out of me.
Other Thoughts: I will definitely play the course again when I am back in the area.

Not Quite a 4 Yet, But I Believe It Will Be

1    7/4/2014   7/4/2014
Review By: thrembo
This review was updated on 8/26/2014
Pros: A natural beauty, this course plays through a large multiuse park, featuring several lakes, light to moderately wooded fairways, and a large (by SW Florida standards) hill.

The course is somewhat easy to navigate, with good pacing and flow.

The holes range from medium length to long, and offer plenty of challenge. You probably will use every disc in your bag here.

Most holes have two sets of brand new large size concrete tee pads, that are super grippy. Well done.

Map/scorecards available in rec center and on the board by hole 1.

Some pavillions with picnic tables provide a few nice places to take a rest.

The park was very clean, and well maintained. They were mowing the park on the morning of July 4th.

The course has a huge fun factor.
Cons: So why did I only give it a 3.5 for right now?

No tee signs...yet. Having tee signs, and a couple of next tee signs would definately push this course up to the next level.

Hole 10. 312 ft from the short tees. But, you have to tee off right through a wooded area, with an extremely narrow gap. Just a tad hard for my liking. This is not a beginer friendly course. Multiple water carries and longer distances may scare off the casual players.

Alot of the baskets are at diferent hieghts. Someone needs to go through and reset a few baskets to the proper hieght.

Multi use park. There were some children watching us tee off on hole 17. A long bomb off the top of a hill. Sure enough, as soon as my buddy threw, one of the children bolted after the disc, and chased it 400' down the hill, and ran it back to us. Then one of the other children started freaking out, and screaming for his mommy. He got up the hill ok, but wasn't sure how to get back down.
Other Thoughts: This is a fun course, that's almost done, and is probably going to be the nicest course in the Ft Myers area. With gold and blue level tees though, I would again stress that this course is probably not for beginers.