Oak Hill, WV
Wolf Creek DGC Share
Uploaded By: knettles Hole #4 (Taken 6/2014)

Did not enjoy it at all

1    7/27/2015   7/27/2015
Review By: Shaner316
Pros: Close to camping and amenities
Cons: Short, uneven natural tees.
baskets looked rusted and neglected.
The course is in a wooded area that never gets any attention.
lots of overgrowth
Other Thoughts: I was excited to try out this course as I was staying at the campground for the weekend with my family. I also took out my oldest son, who plays with me regularly, and my brother in law who has never played before.

After we had played the first 3 hole we decided that was enough of that. The course was in pretty poor shape and looks as though it has never had any care and maintenence a disc golf course needs. There was lots of overgrowth (including on what I can only assume was supposed to be the fairway) so every throw became a game of hide and seek trying to locate your disc though all the abundant bushes, thorns and downed trees. ( oh, did i mention the abundant overgrowth everywhere?) The tees were terrible ( and if you step just a little bit too far on hole 1, you are probably looking at a 4 foot drop and a broken ankle)and not marked well and it was hard to find the baskets.

Thankfully the rest of the amenities at this park outweigh the poor nes of the course. I'll definately return here, but not to play disc golf

A Fun Mess

1    3/29/2014   3/29/2014
Review By: knettles
This review was updated on 6/7/2014
Pros: -Fun layout with some interesting holes.
-Quite challenging for a 9 holer.
-Makes decent use of terrain.
-Baskets have 2 layers of chains.
Cons: -Tees are DREADFUL.
-Relatively short.
-Many fairways could still use alot of trimming (for quality, not difficulty).
-Some discs can fall through the bottom of the baskets.
-Poor signage/difficulty finding basket.
Other Thoughts: Remember, I played this course very shortly after it was put in. I'm really hoping that they're planning on working on some of the things I bring up here.

So, I like the style that this course presents, however my main issue with it is something I see happen far too often. The TEES! Dear lord these were horrible. They were just dirt (which I'm ok with), but they were very uneven and small. I think I was able to do a runup on one or two of the nine holes. It would mostly just take a shovel and a day or two to make the areas level and large enough. Small amount of work with a huge benefit. Other than that, the course mainly just needed to be cleaned up and trimmed a bit. There were a couple areas just off the fairway that looked like the Tazmanian Devil had come through (still new, so not a big deal). It was also pretty hard to find the tees/baskets a couple of times, but that's something that's never bothered me too much.

I also wanted to add, there was a pretty large semi-open area that could have some really great holes if they wanted to expand this into an 18 holer. However, I discovered when they're busy, that area gets filled with campers throwing their tents everywhere.