Oak Hill, WV
Wolf Creek DGC Share
Uploaded By: knettles Hole #3 (Taken 6/2014)
3 / 217ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

A Fun Mess

1    3/29/2014   3/29/2014
Review By: knettles
This review was updated on 6/7/2014
Pros: -Fun layout with some interesting holes.
-Quite challenging for a 9 holer.
-Makes decent use of terrain.
-Baskets have 2 layers of chains.
Cons: -Tees are DREADFUL.
-Relatively short.
-Many fairways could still use alot of trimming (for quality, not difficulty).
-Some discs can fall through the bottom of the baskets.
-Poor signage/difficulty finding basket.
Other Thoughts: Remember, I played this course very shortly after it was put in. I'm really hoping that they're planning on working on some of the things I bring up here.

So, I like the style that this course presents, however my main issue with it is something I see happen far too often. The TEES! Dear lord these were horrible. They were just dirt (which I'm ok with), but they were very uneven and small. I think I was able to do a runup on one or two of the nine holes. It would mostly just take a shovel and a day or two to make the areas level and large enough. Small amount of work with a huge benefit. Other than that, the course mainly just needed to be cleaned up and trimmed a bit. There were a couple areas just off the fairway that looked like the Tazmanian Devil had come through (still new, so not a big deal). It was also pretty hard to find the tees/baskets a couple of times, but that's something that's never bothered me too much.

I also wanted to add, there was a pretty large semi-open area that could have some really great holes if they wanted to expand this into an 18 holer. However, I discovered when they're busy, that area gets filled with campers throwing their tents everywhere.