Open, non-technical course with water hazards and playground
6 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: The course circles a pond and great playground, so bring the family and your fishing poles. You'll have better luck retrieving fish than your discs!
Cons: Baskets only have 2 rows of chains (total of 14 chains) which does not help in catching your disc.
Not too much around to block the wind.
If you have a disc that floats, pull it out for three of the 9 holes (#4, #5, #6).
There is only one place to cross the 15 foot wide creek that runs alongside the course (by the basket for hole number two). Sucks if you throw it over on holes four or five. But I found myself throwing towards the creek instead of toward the pond because there's a better chance of wading and finding my disc if it goes in the shallow creek. Whoever maintains this should think about putting steppingstones to go across at intervals.
Lost 2 discs in water but recovered 1 disc on hole #5.
Be careful not to grip lock on holes #7 and #8 because you're playing right along the playground. I would not suggest playing on a weekend as there will be families with kids, making these holes difficult and increasing wait time. Very dangerous.
On hole #9 be careful not to throw into the parking lot and hit any cars.
Other Thoughts: The tees are very close the the previous baskets. Too close to be safe, in fact. Someone could easily overthrow on these short holes.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful.
I was warned!
3 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: None - I would quit playing if this was the only course available!
Cons: I was warned not to bother, but I had to see for myself. I can't really add anything to the above reveiws, they were very accurate!
Other Thoughts: Sad that more thought wasn't put into this. It is a beatiful park, with lots of space for a nice course layout. Also, cheap baskets are a waste of time & money. One of them has already been knocked over
3 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Worse than Shadow Creek Ranch-!
10 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: If you lived in one of the nearby trailer-homes and did not have a running vehicle.....this MAY be the course for you. Otherwise, skip it.
Cons: As stated above, there are just so many BAD to TERRIBLE things about this course it's hard to know where to begin.
I echo the thoughts on the basket type - these will however not be an issue as they will rust, dent, fall over or otherwise be useless in about a year or so.
The layout is just so poorly thought out that I have trouble thinking anyone who knows our sport was consulted when the design was being planned.
The worst thing however, has to be the safety aspect - or LACK of it, I should say. I measured 6 feet between the end of the teepad space and one of the baskets with other holes averaging 10-20. This means that on about half the baskets...the following teepad is WITHIN the 10meter circle! Ridiculous!!
Other Thoughts: Resoft park is by all standards, a pretty park with a beautiful lake - some exotic birds and plenty of area. Why the course designers decided to shoehorn 9 holes around a jogging path, parking lots and a kids playground is a question only THEY could answer. Will not be playing there again.
10 of 11 people found this review helpful.
8 Helpful / 2 Not
Worst course EVER!
Pros: Close to the house. That's it.
Cons: Where to start? The layout of this course is the worst I've ever seen. Two baskets have to be thrown right by a playground. Pretty much makes them unplayable if any kids are around. I know I wouldn't want to hit a child with a disc flying 50 mph. Holes 4 & 5 have water on both sides, "fairway" is a jogging path with about 15' of sloped grass on each side. Very easy to lose a disc, don't ask me how I know. The baskets are cheaply made and spit your disc out more than they catch it. Resoft park has a ton of area that the designers could've used to install the course. Very poorly designed and not thought out at all. I hope no children get injured by an errant disc. I wouldn't even throw the two playground holes. With so many other courses around, skip this one and play somewhere else. I,for one, will never go play here again. Hands down, worst course I've ever played!
8 of 10 people found this review helpful.
Let my visit save you a trip here
19 Helpful / 1 Not
Well... there are baskets in the ground and tee markers that are about half correct.
There are so many issues with this course...
- Hole #1 throws over a road and in between two parking lots.
- Holes #2-5 throw right along the walking/jogging trail. That could lead to ridiculously long waits to throw.
- Holes #4 & #5 are long throws with narrow fairways and water on both sides and will just eat the plastic of most of the players who will play this course.
- Hole #7 throws over a road, alongside a parking lot, through a playground swingset and over a log-walk. I can't envision when this hole would actually be playable without serious risk of hitting/injuring someone.
- Hole #8 throws either over or around another playground area. More serious danger to unsuspecting park patrons.
- The tees are way too close to the previous basket, like 20' from basket to tee marker. If you assume the markers are at the front of the tee box that means the back of the box is only 10' from the basket.
- The baskets are DGA M-14 portables that have been concreted in. M-14's are generally considered the lowest end baskets, that are just as likely to spit as they are to catch. They're not intended to be installed permanently and will probably rust out in a year or two.
- The tee posts aren't consistently marked on the same side of the tee box. They also have DGA stickers on them that will fall off within a week.
- Tee posts for #6 & #8 are pointed in the wrong direction.
- Tee post #8 is missing the number.
- Tee post #9 erroneously has #8 on it.
This course seems like it was installed by folks not sure who their target audience is and with disregard to safety of other park patrons. A park course like this should probably target recreational level players. But holes #4 & #5 would be good holes for top Professional players, everyone else is just going to lose all their discs on these two holes. After one visit to this course I have no intention to go back.
19 of 20 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.