Tylersport, PA
Salford Township Community Park Share
Uploaded By: bcr123psu Hole #4 (Taken 10/2010)
3 / -- Par / Distance:

Not worth playing

1    6/8/2010   6/8/2010
Review By: adlacro
Pros: 9 holes with baskets in good shape, probably best aspect of course
Cons: Tees and baskets not marked; tees are like two shingles laid down in grass, not hard to find but hard to throw off of. Hill could have been utilized. Holes in woods tight and hard with growth. No trespassing signs are up for some reason, oh well.
Other Thoughts: Only played because I was in the area. I wouldn't recommend it even if you could walk there.

Weird Pennsylvania

2-4    1/19/2010   2/8/2010
Review By: Tolbert
Pros: Short course with some interesting shot variety. Right turning, left turning, S-shaped and straight away fairways. About half open, half wooded holes, little bit of elevation change, but nothing dramatic. A variety of different drives was required.
Park was quiet and pleasant to be in.
Cons: Teepads are smallest I have played yet. Assembled from 2 tiles, they were hard to find and not very fun to throw from. I'm wondering why the time an bit more expense wasn't taken to expand them to say, 6 tiles? Tees are unmarked which added to the difficulty navigating the course. Without a map I would have been lost.
Basket 8 is right there on the edge of 3's fairway and at first glance (and after the first 2 short open holes) seems the likely target, which added to the confusion.
My biggest gripe was the wooded holes simply used walking trails as fairways. One of my least favorite things to see/play. Not much course design.
Other Thoughts: The courses saving grace had really nothing to do with the course. It seems the wooded part was used for a Haunted Woods this past fall and the remnants are still on the walking trails used for the course (as of January 2010) Large strangely painted displays with fake blood and gory mannequins scattered about. The best was a large 8ft wooden cube that had 666 painted on the sides and an open door facing, yes, hole 6's tee. Placed just off the fairway, it seemed a likely place to throw a wayward drive. The whole thing gave me a Weird Pennsylvania vibe and kept me at the course for a 2nd round. I kinda want to go back with my camera..
Salford is just off 476 and can be played as part of a 5 course string of 9 holers going up and down 476. Unami Creek to the North and Branchwood right nearby are both a lot of fun to play.

Not much here

1    3/25/2009   3/26/2009
Review By: DWill
Pros: 9 nice baskets. Offers both open and wooded holes. It's short, so a round can be done fairly quickly if you're short on time. A play structure for the young kids is right next door.

It's perfect for introducing kids and new players to disc golf.
Cons: There are so many, where do I begin? That was my first problem with the course, I had no idea where the first tee/basket was. I didn't find a map/scorecard/directory any where. I just threw towards one basket on the other side of the park, and stumbled upon what had to be a tee pad.

Incidentally, the tee pads are tiny, but you really don't even need them, the holes are so short. Both the tee pads and baskets are unmarked, so navigation is a guess at best. I had no idea if I was playing the course in the proper order and to the correct baskets. Sometimes I was throwing with the long side of the tee pad, and sometimes with the short side. Not sure if this was correct or not.

Very few parking spaces at the post office.
Other Thoughts: I felt like this was a course I could build in my own backyard. This is a very small neighborhood park. There are no signs in the park indicating this is a disc golf course, so I imagine residents have no idea what it is, so probably, none of them use it.

A little improvement could go a long way. At a minimum, the tee pads and baskets need to be identified so you know where you are going.

I'm giving this course a rating of 1, even though it probably deservers lower, because I know a lot of effort, time and hard work had to go into getting this course installed.

Salford Township

9/9/2007   9/9/2007
Review By: maf763
Pros: Half open and half wooded.
Cons: Holes and tees aren't marked and I don't know of any course maps being available. There are two 2' x 2' rubber squares that serve as tees, but you can only guess if you're going for the right pin.
Other Thoughts: Pretty short course - wouldn't be bad if they marked the tees and holes.