Greeneville, TN
-- / --   -- / --   3 / 150ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Paradise Valley

5+    2/24/2014   3/3/2014
Review By: banginchains22
Pros: Course is designed to be long and difficult. Although, it has a few wooded shots and a couple ace runs. It has a little bit of everything for someone looking to improve their game or just have a little fun. Even the relatively open shots can be punishing.
Cons: Baskets are homemade so they don't catch as well as discatchers. Parts of the course are played across a creek, which can be punishing, and a ripe swing is the only way across.
Other Thoughts: Absolutely a dreamy course to play. If you're looking for a simple and fun course to play, this is the one.

Mini-Harmon

5+    2/24/2014   2/25/2014
Review By: mx23ang
This review was updated on 8/19/2014
Pros: Starting off I like to let everyone know what Im personally looking for in a course. I love the scenic aspect of disc golf (this includes boulders, lakes, wildlife, and plantlife- I do study horticulture). With that being stated, I rate a course based on a combination of the scenic factor and the overall course aspects (this includes layout, fairway lines, divesity of holes, and amenities).
If Harmon Hills had a 12 hole baby it would likely have born Paradise Valley as the scenery (minus the amenties, see below) is very resembling
Props go out to Dave and his family for keeping the place so neatly manicured, that much grass is a lot of mowing!
Although the course is mainly on the 'open' side, dave has done an excellent job incorporating obstacles to punish the golfer for errant throws, and trying to go big instead of playing placement golf.. dont get me wrong tho, this has to be the longest 12 hole/homemade course that I have played, lots of drivers on the open side of the course
Ohh my gosh talk about the most aesthetically pleasing smooth finished 'BOULDERS' lining the fairways and greens on a few holes, very very harmon-esque coupled with the distance..
Paradise Valley also throws in a very peaceful meandering creek dissecting the course, an added perk you dont find at most places (this creek can become quite a rager after a storm and in the summer time there is even a small swimming hole im told)
With the recent expansion of two wooded holes, I have a feeling this place has the potential to become a very sought after, very private homegrown course..
Cons: Being fresh out of college and trying to design/build a dg course can be quite expensive (trust me I know firsthand as I went out on my own journey building Simple Pleasures DGC out of my own pocket while in college/fresh out of college) so I know Dave is doing the best he can with the resources he has, I even donated one of the first homemade baskets I built for SP to Paradise Valley.. Baskets, tee signs and big concrete teeboxs does not constitute a 'good' dg course in my eyes, the scenery and challenge each one provides is what Im after. However, without all of these 'pretty' superficial items I cannot give the high rating that Paradise Valley deserves. Over time benches dave has told me he plans to install benches and add thicker and more chains to the baskets, come help support his cause (and mine for that matter when you play Simple Pleasures) and donate $5, or materials, or coursework, something) It is really hard work doing the things designers have to, but we love doing it when people compliment our work and/or pay us.. Show the love folks
Other Thoughts: Great folks, ahhmazing land for golf and not far from the hustle and bustle of Greeneville.. do stop in town for a bite and supplies or if your coming from Asheville the gas station called 'creekside' on the right side of the road has all you will need for your round. Play homegrown and become a member of the BDGM :)