Springfield, MO
Tom Watkins DGC Share
Uploaded By: dudiablo Hole #11 (Taken 3/2011)
3 / 267ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Boring

2-4    7/3/2003   7/28/2010
Review By: Aupps
Pros: It's been along time since I have played here so I hope I am think of the right course.
-Long tee shots
Cons: -Boring
-No shade
-Most of the holes were in open areas, no use of trees
Other Thoughts: I just remember hating to play this course.

terribly rundown course

1    3/25/2009   4/5/2009
Review By: dajuicej
Pros: none
Cons: refer to the other reviews. as of march 09 it certainly hasn`t gotten any better and if anything it`s gotten worse. we were there so we played it. we found tees that had no numbers or hole description. as mentioned the course is so jumbled you can`t figure out which basket you should throw at from the unnumbered tees. we fumbled through the course because we were there and we wanted to play.
Other Thoughts: skip this course or if you live in springfield call up the parks department and tell them it needs a lot of work. there`s a lot of potential here but it`s wasted at this time.

Don't Waste Your Time

4/16/2008   4/16/2008
Review By: gravedigger
Pros: Grass was mowed?
Cons: Let's see where to begin? Boring. Very difficult to navigate. Layout just didn't make sense sometimes. A little run down.
Other Thoughts: You'd be better off enjoying one of Springfield's other courses.

Yuck!

1    5/5/2007   8/26/2007
Review By: Three Putt
This review was updated on 8/17/2010
Pros: None that come to mind!
Cons: This is one of those classic terrible courses. You stand on the first tee and wonder which of the five baskets you can see is the one you should throw at. The tees signs are no help, they were written with magic marker and are washed out. The whole course is wide open, and very poorly laid out. There were a few longish holes, but nothing about it was challenging.
Other Thoughts: # 5 is a fine example of poor hole design. The tee was in right field of a baseball field and the hole played back toward the ball field. The basket was behind home plate on the other side of the backstop. The post on the third-base side of the backstop was a mando, so you are forced to throw AT people playing on the ball field. I thought this was weird but figured it out when I got around the backstop. The tee for six was between the backstop and the basket, so if you took the anhyzer route around the first base side of the backstop to avoid the ball field (which seemed logical,) you would throw right at the # 6 tee. Not that the other way was much better. The tee and the basket were so close that when my approach shot hyzered out a little it landed right next to the # 6 tee anyway. The whole thing was a perfect example of horrible course design.

*Update: According to some reviews, the course has been improved since I last was there. It's around a two hour one-way trip for me to play this course, and as bad as it was I'm not optimistic that it will be worth the trip even with improvements. It will probably be quite some time before my review is updated. *