Jefferson City, MO
The Dam Course Share
Uploaded By: Brokensaint Hole #2 (Taken 1/2015)

3.8 with room to grow

1    8/22/2015   8/22/2015
Review By: Disc of Cheese
Pros: Easy to navigate, extremely user friendly. There are some distances to walk, and I doubted myself a couple times; but gut instinct and/or a makeshift laminated arrow guided me to quickly to the next tee every time.

Everything there is beautiful. The lake, the woods, the houses I'm jealous of near the course.

VARIETY: elevation changes, water hazards, mandos, ditches(which are probably creeks seasonally), tunnels(2), forced tree windows, a plethora of lengths (pin to tee), this course keeps you guessing and I love it.

Fair, Balanced, and challenging:
There are some tough holes that reward strategy and plenty of long ones. I wouldn't be surprised to see, once they get the holes labeled; some figure like 3 par fives and at LEAST 2 par fours. This course offers both challenges, gambles, and rewards to both backhand and sidearm dominant players. Hole 1 is the only wide open par three and hole 18 is a wide, extra long, wide-open par five: the only big drive on the course that doesn't restrict either sidearm or backhand at least somewhat, birdied it after straight up crushing it. My habit of field work is paying off. Seven was my favorite and could be a par 4 or 5, probably 5. Starts out really restricted, uphill, through trees with a medium ceiling. 3/4 of the way through the trees there is a large ditch, then it levels out to a slight downhill through a long fairway open on the right and doglegging to the left, but with a tree near the right of the basket. I scuffed a birdie attempt and salvaged par (If it's par 5), but the variety of that hole really embodies the whole course for me.

benches everywhere, EVERYWHERE, some boy scouts scooped themselves up some bench badges
Cons: No hole or course maps, only three tee pads (and they are waaaay bigger than they need to be);Some temporary mats; and one carpet as tees. I will say they have forms up to pour more tees and they are regular sized rectangles

Some of the distances may be intimidating to beginners.

I hope they get bridges over the ditches before rainy season. There were some, not enough.
Other Thoughts: they have marked which trees are to be removed. We were basically playing a lot of the back 9 on hard mode with extra trees, some of it got pretty hairy; but that can be rewarding too. some of the trees they marked to remove make it look like some holes will get alternative basket placements, which is always a plus.
They still have quite a bit of work to do to finish, but it looks like they are hard at work. I can't really dock the course's review points for too many trees in the fairways when the only tree I felt really robbed me turned out to be marked for removal when I got closer.

dam course

1    10/20/2014   10/20/2014
Review By: jasonrigler
Pros: Challenging course with a variety of shots. Hills come into play on most holes. There is a nice mix of open and wooded shots. I think this is a championship course in the making. The scenery of the lake and all the geese is wonderful. loads of benches and easy to navigate.
Cons: Course is still a work in progress. Some drivers are in a hurry over the blind hills and curvy roads getting to the park. No permanent tee pads yet. A few holes still need some work to make them safe. Some bees and poison ivy to avoid.
Other Thoughts: I was there for the first tournament and so it was recently cleaned and nicely marked for the event. It's going to be a year or so before this course is completed I'd guess. It's a demanding course to play and walk. Not really cart friendly thru the woods. I loved the care taken in marking paths using the downed trees. I enjoyed the temporary island hole 16, the rollercoaster #8, #2 with a narrow downhill and the basket just 20 feet in front of the lake. I don't know if the course is playable full time now. Course ate my lunch but I am looking forward to redemption next year. It's probably just a 3 right now as it is unfinished - but it was a 3.5 for the tourney and should be a 4 by next year.