Williamston, NC
Farm Life Disc Golf Share
Uploaded By: Tolbert Hole #18 (Taken 7/2010)
3 / --   3 / 272ft. Par / Distance:

Farm Life ain't Easy

1    8/2/2015   8/9/2015
Review By: Upshawt1979
Pros: I spoke with Kent on Friday about playing Farm Life DGC the following Sunday morning, and he happily agreed to it. Sunday morning I showed up, and it was just me and my dog, aside from a few farm animals. I didn't know what to expect, deciding to visit this course more from the rating and location than by reading the reviews. I was a bit surprised. The baskets were in good overall condition, and the benches usually offered bag hangers and good signs. The opener greeted me nicely, and allowed me a birdie. I promptly gave it back on the second hole after botching my approach. Hole 3 was an uneventful par, and the longest hole 4 served me a double bogey. Then I wandered into a world of tangled undergrowth and confusion for 13 holes. The meat of the course is mostly in the 200'-250' range, but don't go in thinking you're going to shoot -12. There are trees, limbs and vines going every which way, heavy growth on many holes. The ones that I thought I could manage didn't usually pan out for me either. At least I didn't lose any plastic. There are the thinnest of margins to find the correct route to the baskets, and they will test all of yours skills. Licking my wounds as I stepped onto the 18th tee, I was glad too see the last remaining hazard was only a small pond. A birdie on the closer restored a small bit of confidence to carry me to the next course. I carded a 7 over par (61) that morning, taking birdies on 1, 8, and 18.
Cons: I was not familiar with the fairways, but I felt like axing a couple truckloads of wood out of there. I'm sure some repetition and better disc selection would have helped. There are benches and bag hangers, but the tees are natural, sometimes a bit small or rutty (not that massive run ups are needed). I got lost a couple of times, look out for the transition from hole 4 to 5 (I went from 4 to 8 at first), and around 15 or 16 I did some wandering for a bit. Water was present on the edge of a couple of holes, and after rains, I imagine heavy mud could become a big factor.
Other Thoughts: Farm Life DGC was fun, and if you have the time to get out there, might as well do it. Flat, and largely short, wooded fairways will test your skill for sure. Sunday morning I had the place to my self. I failed to come close to par, and I would have liked to see what a bit of practice and some guidance could do for me. If I lived anywhere near there I would definitely find out.

Tight but fun

1    11/23/2013   11/24/2013
Review By: Jawa
Pros: Layout uses the land very well. Easy to find the next tee. Baskets are really good for a private course. Tee pads are natural, most are flat and even only two had roots in the run up.
Cons: Be prepared to lose discs, water could be an issue and as always in the fall leaves can hide discs very well.
Other Thoughts: Short, Tight, Very Technical. Only threw a distance driver once. You will need to be able to throw every shot to have success here.

Look forward to playing again someday

5+    6/10/2008   3/7/2010
Review By: Virtual PBandJ
Pros: +Fun technical short course
+Good flow
+Variety of shots, challenges all players
Cons: -Middle of nowhere
-Gonna lose discs
-Alts aren't necessary(not enough change)
-Nasty in summer(course surrounded by swamp)
Other Thoughts: Worth the play if you are in the area. Fun short course, I believe you have to call ahead if you want to play.

: ) :