Williamston, NC
Farm Life Disc Golf Share
Uploaded By: Dtrain22   (Taken 12/2009)
Course Sign

Farm Fun

1    12/11/2010   12/12/2010
Review By: jkdisc
Pros: Very fun course! I gave Kent a call and he gave us permission to play his course without hesitation. As you pull on to the property there are signs pointing you where to go and where to park and where to find the first tee. The entire course is well marked and no map was needed to navigate. There is an outhouse before the first tee which is nice to have on private grounds.
Other Pros:
-variety of distances, turns, fairway tightness, challenging hazards, elevation changes
-well kept, with garbage bins and debris free fairways
-picnic tables and bag posts on many holes
-great tee sings
-baskets catch well
Cons: The only thing was the tees. They are natural and sometimes the tee area is short. I did play on a rainy day and slipped twice. The tees are level without ruts or roots however.
Other Thoughts: The club house at hole #1 was decorated with broken discs. My favorite hole was #9, it had a slightly tight fairway with water on the left and elevation changes. That swamp water on the left was deeper than expected. #18 is a very challenging shot, that pond is a disc eater. There are poles near the water to retrieve discs but it gets deep quickly. I really enjoyed the course, I didn't get to meet Kent but I hope to since I plan on playing there more!

1    8/15/2010   8/16/2010
Review By: jamchiroguy
Pros: Farm life is a nice course. It is very technical, tough, and makes you work for your score. Farm Life has tight alleyways, tough holes, and easy to follow directions. There are OB areas, but they are clearly laid out. There is hardly any underbrush, so it is tough to lose a disc. Also, they have a return policy of lost disc. Practice putting near the first hole. Benches, trash cans and bag racks near every hole.
Cons: The only con of this course is most of the holes are an average of 240 feet, so big throwers like myself lose my only advantage.
Other Thoughts: Everyone should come check out Kent's course. It is put together really well.

Nice Surprise

1    1/23/2010   1/23/2010
Review By: brian93stang
Pros: Great course, nice use of land, no throwing over other holes, great owner, technical course so big arm throwers have no advantage. good mix for right and left hand throwers.
Cons: bring your water proof boots, invest in a 150 Dragon or something that floats,
Other Thoughts: Wasn't sure what to expect from the description, but was really impressed! The course is very nicely done and easy to find holes. Baskets are painted yellow and easy to find from tee box. Definately worth the drive!

Home Turf...great stuff!

5+    11/26/2009   11/26/2009
Review By: Dtrain22
This review was updated on 12/1/2009
Pros: Easy to navigate, good parking, holes mapped very well with awesome homemade signs, gorgeous landscape, awesome owner Mr. Kent Roberson
Cons: summer time can see snakes and lots of spider webs, swamp and pond are unforgiving...it has 6 of my discs right now, haha
Other Thoughts: this is my favorite course that I've played, and although my score hasn't ever been great here compared to others, it will still be the one I always want to play, when I come home from Raleigh it's usually the first thing I do.

Tough And Rigorous

5+    10/18/2008   10/21/2008
Review By: xamathaonx
Pros: This course will challenge even the highest level player. It has a lot of variation between holes in that there is a good mix of long and short holes, a good mix of doglegs, several hazards, open shots, as well as "Bike path" shots. Very tough and rigorous course. Highly enjoyable to play. As well as one of my favorite courses I have played.
Cons: Watch out for the swamp on the back nine! I have lost many disc's to this particular hazard. Also Hole 18's pond hazard has claimed atleast 30+ of my discs. If you get into a hole you wil be very lucky to boogey your way out of it.
Other Thoughts: Challenging yet very fun to play.