Waukegan, IL
3 / 275ft.   3 / 307ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #19 Approach

C+ = As average as the come

5+    4/19/2007   4/19/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- C
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- B+
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- C+
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- C+

Date: 10/11/2013 Designer Response by: #19325
If you are back in the area check in. Many improvements this summer. More to come in 2014.

Pitch and putt course

4/12/2007   6/28/2008
Review By: Doktor John
Pros: Good tee pads
Good signage
Intuitive flow
Creative use of limited space
Good course to practice specific shots/strategies (forehand, opposite hand, various approach shots/discs)
Good course to introduce friends to the sport
Cons: Somewhat redundant
Once people show up, it's very tough to play certain holes unobstucted
People camp out near baskets with blankets, etc
Other Thoughts: Having went to H.S. in Waukegan and having some family back there I was glad to find a course.
This one is good for some warm-up and practice but not extremely challenging.
As I was playing my second round there people started showing up and I can't imagine how much of a challenge it would be playing this course on a weekend or during a busy summer day.
I hear Bowen Park just got a face lift...that would be a great place for a course...

Date: 10/11/2013 Designer Response by: #19325