Tampa, FL
Cypress Point Park Share
Uploaded By: Cgkortz Hole #3 (Taken 4/2014)

< Prev 1 2 3
Mixed Bag

1    3/22/2015   3/29/2015
Review By: freddysez
Pros: Great signs, beautiful park, and the elements of wind from mother nature and aircraft (vapor trails can wreck havoc on 17/18. Creative basket placements make approach shots during grip and rip holes top notch.
Cons: Like a lot of courses I just don't get the fascination with having holes completely submerged in the woods with trees everywhere. Makes luck and bad luck a major player.
Other Thoughts: This is a true disc course that makes you think about every type of shot and was well laid out.

long and technical without water hazards (mostly)

2-4    3/6/2015   3/7/2015
Review By: blazerico
Pros: -this is probably the closest course to an airport that I can remember which is awesome when you fly in from the cold and want to play immediately.
-great job fitting this long of a course into such a small space, but that leads to problems, see below
Cons: -luckily, there wasn't too much standing water when I was there, but I can see that being a real big problem.
-if busy, I could imagine a few danger spots where people will basically be throwing towards each other
-#10 doesn't have a fairway through the palms
-would hate to go over the fence and have to walk that far to retrieve a disc
Other Thoughts: this and cliff are about the same level of fun and difficulty for me, but here you have only one real water hazard

My favorite course.

1    2/8/2015   2/8/2015
Review By: Disc2525
Pros: There are so many things to like about this course. It's a beautiful piece of property from beginning to end. It is very challenging yet very fair. There are a lot of really long holes, so big arms can rip it and feel good about it. There's a lot of technical holes as well. You may use every disc in your bag here. Very well thought out and creative design that uses the entire piece of property. The airplanes coming and going overhead at the beginning of the course is a unique environment. The tee-pads and signs are the best I have ever seen anywhere.
Cons: I really can't think of any cons.

better directions

1    1/29/2015   1/31/2015
Review By: weatherbill
Pros: nice landscape
good baskets.
I found the landscape quite intriguing.
Cons: too long for amatures
need arrows at baskets
Not many chances to get aces.
Other Thoughts: better directions....take Cypress to its end, then take the left to the park parking area. Park in area closest to entry.

Windy Day

1    1/24/2015   1/25/2015
Review By: dauenheimer
Pros: The course is spread out very nicely and it flows smooth. The signs are very high quality and the course has a lot of nice new benches and hooks for your bags on every hole. The concrete tee's are all in perfect shape and the baskets are perfect and bright yellow so you can see them from a distance. That is good because this course is long! Hole 16 is 885 and I played it into a 35 mile per hour wind. Got a 9 but really had to work for it. I can not wait to play this course again.
Cons: A few holes with standing water but there was a big storm the night before. There was also a bunch of fallen tree limbs but that probably had something due to the 30+ wind. So overall not too much in the cons.
Other Thoughts: I really need another shot at this course with much less wind and now that I know where each hole is I know I can knock a few strokes off. Very long course with a lot of well placed trees and holes. Lots of fun!

Great Course. Sport heading in this direction

5+    1/10/2015   1/10/2015
Review By: Duder786
Pros: It is a great course that is quiet. There is one bike path/jogging trail that goes through it but is never really busy. There are some long holes so it is a break away from traditional par 54 courses. Nice Innova baskets, big cement tee pads, and recently installed tee signs which in my opinion are some of the best signs you can use on a course. I have only really played during Fall and Winter and it has stayed fairly dry other than dew in the morning and casual water on 1, 17, and 18 after a rain.
Cons: Holes are a little bit cramped in some areas. Lots of fairway overlapping that would make it hard for tournaments in the future. Mosquito's have been out at sunrise in the winter months so be sure to have bug spray come summertime. There is not enough benches for sitting, plus no water fountains or bathrooms on the course. You would have to go to the other end of the parking lot near the bay for that.
Other Thoughts: This is still a new course and still getting "beat in" so game play will only get better. I love it because it's 10 minutes from work and I get a round in before I clock in. I hope to see more courses like this pop up soon.

Scenic and gorgeous right by the Bay!

1    11/20/2014   12/1/2014
Review By: jjw4ucm
Pros: Lots of very fun, long shots to keep you interested. I could see where the design was going with each shot and really enjoyed it.

The park is just gorgeous. Most of the woods are palm trees, there's views of the bay, and the throws here are fun and scenic for the most part.

Baskets are in great condition, obviously, since they are new. They are numbered which is absolutely invaluable. Tee pads are new, nice, and grippy.

I found the design lots of fun and it never left me bored. Good shot variety kept it interesting for me most of the time. I loved the use of the creek behind 4 and the massive left dogleg on 8 - great job!

To be honest, I didn't find navigation here to be all THAT cumbersome. Sure, it was harder than it should have been, but the flow of the course was such that you generally could see the next tee pad from the preceding basket. To give you an idea, I spent about 1/4th as much time being lost here as I did at Tocobaga over in St. Pete. Maybe I just got lucky, but I wouldn't let the lack of signage keep you from playing here.

This park is absolutely beautiful and even has a beach if you're interested. Bathrooms and trash facilities were readily accessible at the parking area. There was sufficient parking as well when I was there and there were no other disc golfers, however it was also 12:00 PM on a workday.

The challenges present walk the line between fun and frustrating really well, and almost always end up on fun. Most of the frustrations here I feel can be ironed out and aren't a factor of the course design.

There aren't benches in the traditional sense of being directly next to the tees. However, there are plenty of areas on the course you can have a seat. Since it wasn't busy, this is something I could have done had I wanted to.

The course appeared pretty well maintained when i was there to be honest. As a full disclaimer, I was here in November so the bugs, water, and the like weren't anywhere near as bad as they can be in Florida in Summer.
Cons: Already been harped on, but there is ZERO signage here. I know I said navigation wasn't impossible, but it takes a very conscious effort without the aid of a map or signs! Bakset 18 is visible from the road, but there really isn't any parking close by and no indication where to go for hole 1. Be prepared to keep your head on a swivel and pay lots of attention to finish out a round here. I had to keep good mental notes of what basket was numbered which for future reference. The photos someone very kindly posted here were invaluable as well, thanks!

You are playing right beneath Tampa International Airport's southern approach. You can almost read the call signs of the airplanes; it wasn't horrible and really not much worse than road noise, but just be prepared!

You're also right by a rather large office park, and I played right around lunch, so I saw lots of people in khakis and ID badges meandering through the park and eating lunch. Very nice folks but might delay your throws a bit.

The thick woods are almost all palm trees, which I've learned are a bear to thread discs through. Some variation would be helpful to the course I think.
Other Thoughts: This course has monster potential and could be an amazing weekend destination. Put up some signs and navigational aids, and you have a gorgeous pro-style course that even the non-pros among us such as myself can enjoy.

While there were no bugs, no standing water, and no overgrowth when I was here, I also played in November. I saw several areas that could get bogged down quick if it was the rainy season.

This course is truly a 3.75 to me. Throw in some signs and it's a solid 4. However, I feel even without, it's still a blast to play and I really enjoyed my round here a lot. The signs would not have really increased my enjoyment of the course, and the lack of them did not decrease my enjoyment measurably. However, this is only my opinion, and you may feel totally differently -- and that's okay! I rate on the enjoyment and the quality of course design, and I found both of them to be good here personally. As a disclaimer, I plan to play again in summer and my rating may change as a result. Happy discing.

johnny4put

1    10/21/2014   10/26/2014
Review By: johnny4put
Pros: Nice concrete tees. Nice baskets. Very scenic
Cons: Tees not marked. A map would be helpfull. No signage or arrows to show the way to the next hole. Very important.... bring lots of bug spray...
Other Thoughts: I couldnt find the basket for 8, I played to basket 9.then played 13 ,14,15, and 16. At that point I had enulf. 17 and 18 were visible. I was just over it by then

Not a very interesting course

1    9/6/2014   9/6/2014
Review By: domromer
Pros: Plays through some scenic palms.
Cons: No signage
hard to find your way around
course does not flow
Not an easy course to walk up and play
Other Thoughts: This course is fine if you play ti all the time and know where all the pads and pin are located. But if you are visiting I'd give this course a miss. As of right now it's a pain to navigate without signage and not interesting enough to make it worth while.

This Course Made My Friend Butthurt, Literally!

1    8/17/2014   8/17/2014
Review By: thrembo
This review was updated on 3/7/2015
Pros: A somewhat scenic, pro player style, coastal Florida course.

The course zig-zags through a heavily wooded, grassy fairway, no rough to speak of, low lying area. Alot of the longer holes have open fairways, followed by well guarded pin placements. There is a nice mix of short and long holes, but the course definately leans to the longer side.

Nice concrete tee pads, sweet tee signs, and fresh Innova baskets.

Some interesting bumpy, rolling terrain features.
Cons: The first thing that you will notice is the almost constant, extremely loud noise of airplanes coming in/out of the Tampa Int Airport.

There can be alot of standing water (6-12" deep) on this course during rainy season.

Other Thoughts: This course is on its way to becoming one of the Tampa areas finest.

As of right now, I prefer Medard, Taylor and Cliff in the Tampa area. I would also caution Rec/Beginer level players. The course is long and hard, and it could be trickey for new players to navigate.

Oh, how did my friend get butthurt? He was teeing off at hole 16, and we were running out of steam a little bit, and he sprained a glute trying to go large. "Dude, the Climo course made you butthurt!" Lol!

< Prev 1 2 3