Pros: - Well maintained course. Immaculate, really.
- Bathrooms halfway through the course around #13.
- No trash cans, take out what you bring in.
- Huge tee concrete tee pads, 4' x 15'.
- Dual tees.
- Good signage at each tee with distance and shot line.
- Last third of this course is much different from the beginning. Old, mature trees, rolling hills, and prairie grass. Very nice but still challenging, unlike the front 2/3 of the course.
- Water in play on #13 if you lose a shot long, and #14 if you lose a drive left.
- #18 nice window shot from the back tee.
Cons: - This is not "wooded" disc golf. This is "French hedgerow-lined" disc golf. Not really many obstacles in the middle of fairways, but what makes you shape your line is a 15 foot wide fairways.
- When you do miss, there's not even room to stand when you miss, let alone find your disc.
- Course flow mostly ok, but not the most intuitive from 12-13, and 15-16.
- No warm up basket, or space.
- No course map, or any sort of sign to show where there course starts, except seeing #1 tee pad.
- Very long walk from #18 basket back to the parking lot.
Other Thoughts: - I implore you to never take a beginner to this course. They will straight up quit the sport.
- I'm definitely a rec player, but this course is very unfair, and has a very low fun factor. Sure, you could plod along the first 12 holes 75-100 ft at a time, but that's really not fun, or why anyone plays the sport. Just overly punishing for missing your line.
- Love 13-18. Just a shame that you have to contend with 1-12 to get to them.
- This course is worth a stop, just be ready to be cut down at the knees!
Tight & Technical
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Challenge -The course is a great challenge and really forces you to hit lines and keep the disc in the fairway. The long tees provide a hefty challenge for even the seasoned pro.
Tee's - The tee pads are in great shape and there are two per hole. They have a great texture, and when we played the course it was raining and we didn't loose our footing once.
Fairways - The fairways are grass and appear to be nice a mowed. As long as you stay in the fairway you should have no problem with losing discs.
Design - The course flows really well and it is easy to follow. At times it seems like you are in a hedge maze as the fairways are nice, short grass and they are boarded by a wall of trees/shrubs. The paths and holes are clearly marked.
Cons: Tee Signs - The tee signs are very vague and don't provide much information. Many times a straight line is shown from the tee to the disc, even though the fairway may dogleg right or left.
Rough - I am all for punishing bad shots, but the rough here is pretty ridiculous. If you go off the fairway at all (and most fairways are no more than 10 yards wide) you are going to be spending a lot of time looking for your disc. A 2 or 3 could easily turn into a 5 or 6 if you go off the fairway.
Short Tees - The short tees are very easy, most are under 300 ft. I understand that public courses have to accommodate all skill levels, but they are easy even for most rec players.
Other Thoughts: Overall this is a pretty solid course. Even though the course moves around a large lake, water doesn't really come into play. It is kind of out of the way, but if you want to work on your short game or work on the technical aspect this is the course for you.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 1 Not
Decent, tiring course
Pros: Has decent tees and pads. Has signs on most holes. Has some scenic holes with decent longer holes.
Cons: Some holes can be quite tight. Some holes cut directly out of dense forest. Which means that if you don't drive straight you may be screwed. A few holes close to a sharp cliff and lake.
Other Thoughts: Overall this course can be discouraging. Not enough short holes. Too many long, tight holes. There are also some blind holes without signs, which makes it very hard to find the hole.
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: Nice a quick course with a great scenery. Huge par four over 800 yds. is a must play its amazing.
Cons: Pretty short all around. Pretty flat with just a few hills.
Other Thoughts: Nice few holes around the lake.
0 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.