Rock Hill, SC
Fewell Park Share
Uploaded By: Goon13 Hole #7 (Taken 4/2012)

you dont have an ace? Play Here!

1    9/14/2012   9/20/2012
Review By: BraveThrower43
Pros: Great place for beginers or those trying to improve their short game or ace count.

I was qable to play it in less than 15 min by myself.

The course flowed really well and it was easy to find every hole

I felt that the design was great for the tiny piece of property the course is on.
Cons: The baskets are old school and have bolts that stick out of the top that I bet would tear up your discs.

It is just a pitch and putt.
Other Thoughts: There really isnt much to say about this one because I felt that it was a good course for the space and the objective of creating a beginer course. I wouldn't say that it was a bad course by any means but its definatly not championship caliber. If your in the Rock Hill area and want to play a quick round to add a new course. Stop here and carry 2 discs. YOu'll be through in no time.

Fewell Park-Home Of The 20 Minute Round!

1    7/22/2009   7/22/2009
This review was updated on 2/26/2010
Pros: It's a cross between a pitch and putt course and a disc golf putt-putt course. I think it needs to grow up a little to full achieve full pitch & putt status. That being said, it's a great little course for someone to learn the game on. A great course for the local 10-15 year olds to hang out and throw. A interesting course to practice your short game and a place to go if you want to rack up another Ace. Or bring the girlfriend who can only throw 75 ft.
Cons: I think only one hole is over 200 ft. The baskets are the single chain type and the teepads are dirt. But you probably don't need a run-up on 125 ft. holes, do you?
Other Thoughts: # 6 is a 65 foot open, sightly downhill shot where you need to give it a little anhyser. One of disc golfs truly memorable holes. It ranks right up the "Top of the World" # 18 at Delavega. Well, I aced # 6 here on my second round of the day. And no, I'm not retiring my putter to the wall anytime soon. But I did write the Ace information on the back so my friends at home can bust my balls about a 65 ft. ace. I talked to a group of the local pre-teens who play here and asked them how many Aces they have. They all had three or four already. Take this course for what it is! And then figure out a way to enjoy it!

C = An unashamed pitch & putt course

5+    5/22/2004   5/1/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up (counting everything as a Par-2, so a birdie is an ace):
1) Holes with good risk/reward -- C-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities -- B+ (Aces feel great even on 100' holes)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography -- B+ (Surprisingly, for such short holes you gotta shape your throws pretty well to get ace runs)
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion -- C- (The big Oaks are nice, but on such a small piece of land you never feel like you are getting away)
5) Bonus amount for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them -- N/A
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (115 18-hole, 50 9-hole as of early 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.

Easiest course I've ever played

1    6/28/2008   7/18/2008
Review By: JD Heel
This review was updated on 7/8/2009
Pros: - Excellent course to work on midrange, putting, etc. You only need two discs (max) on this course.

- This course is great for beginners, and a confidence-builder for anyone else. Lots of ace possibilities and birdie probabilities.

- Whether you play 9 or 18 (from the alternate tee positions), it's the quickest round of disc golf you'll ever play.
Cons: - Definitely cramped, as mentioned before. I actually aimed for the wrong basket on one hole (9/18) because there was another basket in the same general direction.

- Not much variety, as one would expect with a course this small. The course is moderately wooded, though, so at least it's not like you're playing 9/18 holes out in a field somewhere.
Other Thoughts: - I enjoyed this course because I played 36-hole match play with a friend. Even that was a quick round. I can only imagine how quick it would be for just one player. All I can say is that you have to know going in that it's a short course and there isn't much challenge to it. If you go in with that attitude, it can be a great opportunity to work on your short game.