Rock Hill, SC
Fewell Park Share
Uploaded By: Goon13 Hole #2 (Taken 4/2012)
Hole #2 Short Tee

A gem of a beginner course

1    10/2/2015   10/9/2015
Review By: Jaysauls
Pros: Okay, I admit, I couldn't stop grinning when I played this course. Is it cool or tough or unique? No, not really. What it is, is a GREAT,probably the best beginner course I've ever played. When you add in the neighborhood, 9-holes with dual tees, a great patch of woods for kids to play in and explore...what is not to like?

The shorts are very short...just what beginners need! The longs are much longer and tricky. Once again, what a beginning player needs! Some of the longs had me trying to figure out what line I wanted to throw, so they aren't gimmie holes.

Sure, anyone that's played more than a year is going to eat up the course, but that's not what it's for. It's to get kids 8 and older playing. And there it does a superb job.

And if the kids don't want to play? Well, then let the adults/parents play with putters and mid-ranges while the kids explore the woods (great patch of woods!) or play on the playground.

When you add in all that is here for young players, it was really hard not to let my heart get away with the scoring and give it a 3. If I lived near the park, I'd play every day with a putter to work on crazy upshots.
Cons: Navigation can be a bit tricky, we got confused on a couple of holes. But since the entire course is on a postage stamp, didn't take long to figure out.

And there was a bit of maintenance that was needed. An hour with loppers would have made a huge difference.
Other Thoughts: Like I've said before...a fantastic course for kids to learn this sport. Kudos to the designer.

do you like woods?

5+    10/12/2012   10/15/2012
Review By: terryjoshbennett
Pros: This course is very short, example: hole 7 is 65 feet. It is located in a very beautiful park/complex area. The first ace that I ever shot was at this course on the aforementioned hole 7. This course will make you feel great about your skill level.
Cons: This is a con and a pro: it is heavily wooded. It is bad in the sense that many trees are right in the flight path of many normal shots. Don't be deceived, even though this course is very short, it can still be a challenge to any level of player.
Other Thoughts: I would suggest playing this course twice on one visit, making it a simple 18. In my experience, if you can't make it out of this park at par or under, then you need to come back and keep trying. The challenge of the trees will make you better!

Little slice of heaven

4/29/2008   4/29/2008
Review By: powell7020
This review was updated on 5/6/2008
Pros: The park is really small, but an excellent place to work on your short game. The opportunities to ace holes is abundant. This course takes lees than 30 minutes to play by yourself.
Cons: You dont have a chance to pull out your driver even from the long tees.