Baraboo, WI
Hole #5 Pro Tee

Better than expected

1    4/1/2015   4/1/2015
Review By: Gr8HornedRat
Pros: Many of the wholes are challenging, especially from the long tees. The next tees are almost always visible from the previous pin.
Cons: There is a massive campus overhaul going on and the course is down 2 holes and has the possibility of others being closed temporarily or changed permanently. I never did find where 18 was even supposed to be. Most of the pads are either skinny concrete or uneven rubber. 3 holes have a sign or a tree right next to the long tee in the way of a RHBH follow though.
Other Thoughts: Honestly, after looking at the pictures I wasn't expecting much, especially since I knew the campus was under construction. I did still have a good time. My games was very hit or miss so I don't know how much that skewed my perception.

18 Holer Is Currently A 10 Hole Course!

1    7/7/2011   7/8/2011
Pros: Due to some construction going on at the University Wisconsin-Extension Campus, the Baraboo Lions DGC nows plays the front 9 plus hole 17. The rest have been lost to the construction. I'm not sure what the long term plans are. The course starts in the woods up behind the parking lot. There is a course sign and a practice basket. The holes in the woods have the rubber mats for teepads. There are two for each hole and they usually add 50 to 80 feet to the hole and sometimes completely change the feel of the hole. That is, they aren't just longer, some add an hyser touch. The signs have the hole number, the distance for both pads and the par. The par listed is like a Junior High par. # 1 from the Rec tee is 146 feet and the sign says it's a par 4. The on-line map lists all pars as 3's. The course is fairly tight, not unfair, but technical. But I would consider it to be a recreational course due to the shortness. I, as an almost 60 year old rec player enjoyed the heck out of it. I think the average intermediate player would want more of a challenge. The course offers a number of fun little ACE ops such as # 9, a 160' downhill touch hyser shot. I really like the fact the the rubber pads were 12 feet long and the concrete pads were also very long. You really don't need them on this course but thanks all the same.
Cons: it was dry when I played and the pads were just great. All 10 signs were there. The course is short and really isn't all that challenging. Anyone beyond a Rec player will want more of a challenge than this course can throw at you.
Other Thoughts: Great course for us older guys who top out at 300. That's the number of feet we throw not the number of pounds we weigh. I enjoyed this course a lot. I just can't jusity giving it the ratings it been getting not that it's a 10 hole course.