Franconia, PA
Branchwood Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: bcr123psu Hole #6 (Taken 10/2010)

Beginners, children, or midrange practice

2-4    6/10/2012   7/3/2012
Review By: MarlinRoth
Pros: Good, high quality signage.

All baskets are in good shape.

low chance of disc loss

good for children/learning/midrange
Cons: dirt tees.

The 18 hole course is cramped into a small area

little elevation change. The whole course is sort of on one very very subtle slope, so no elevation challenge.

baskets are pretty low to the ground and sort of an older model.

Many of the signs mark holes as Par 3 or 4 and none of the holes should really be above Par 2 for the most part.
Other Thoughts: It's a fun little course but I wouldn't really recommend it unless you are going to visit the park for another reason and happen to have your discs with you.

If you are trying to teach a young child to play, this is a decent course to teach them.

Perfect for the kids

1    2/22/2011   2/22/2011
Review By: Sabooo
Pros: I checked out this course based on the reviews I read here. I'm hoping to get my kids interested in the sport this summer, and this course is just exactly what I was looking for.

The keys for me are the short lengths of the holes, the friendly (and forgiving) open fairways, and easy navigation.

Great place to work on approach shots for the more experience player.
Cons: Grass tees are eroding so that there is a bit of a pit forming in the area of the tee.

There is lots of opportunity for errant discs to cross fairways. One should stay alert while playing.

Other Thoughts: I hope to haunt this place with the kids this summer. Hope to see you there!

Practice for midrange

5+    9/7/2010   9/13/2010
Review By: Drago
Pros: Clean, I usually have the park to myself.
Cons: short, simple, no tee pads - just signs
Other Thoughts: I take my family here. Good for my four and six year old boys. I usually take one or two discs to practice midrange shots and putting. Simple shots around and through trees with no elevation. Good place to hit an ace.

Great Starter Course

5+    10/19/2008   10/19/2008
Review By: misfitrev
Pros: This course is a great course for fist-time golfers. I have taken lots of people here to teach them the game. The course is short and open. I have never played this course with more than four other people on the course at the same time. This park has other amenities which as nice as well. This is a good course at which to work on your shot game. Signage is fair. baskets are in good shape.
Cons: There are no really challenging holes for the experienced golfer. The tee boxes are just dirt.
Other Thoughts: Would love to see this course expanded to the other side of the road with the holes becoming longer.