Thompsonville, MI
Crystal Mountain Share
Uploaded By: volklgirl Hole #6 (Taken 5/2009)
Hole #6 Red Tee

Completely Unacceptable

1    9/19/2010   9/20/2010
Review By: deBebbler
This review was updated on 10/28/2010
Pros:
Three different tees per hole, if you can find them.

Not too much loose sand as is common on other Michigan ski hill courses.

Baskets are in good repair.

I honestly can't think of anything else.
Cons:
Hole 2 fairway splits and is not signed where the hole is.

The course is completely devoid of informative signage. Not just tee signs, but next tees signs too. Tees are marked (sometimes) with colored whiffle balls.

I missed the tee for hole 7. I actually threw from what looked like a tee down the mountain, but without a basket, or signage telling me the length, I kept throwing. As a result, I ended up at the bottom of the mountain on the other side of the property.

This made for a LONG walk back, without the payoff of the long holes. I don't think I've ever been more angry after a round than this. The walk would have been longer, but the bike path I used was adequately signed showing the way to my car.

As you can imagine, this just pissed me off more.

No defined teepads. The length of these holes really demands concrete tees.

Course follows access roads for the first half, completely ignoring wonderful land around it.
I find a course like this completely unacceptable.

DG courses are, on the whole, very cheap to begin with, and completely disregarding tee signs, next tee signs and concrete tees (or ANY type of defined tee) is pathetic for a business like Crystal Mountain, for whom a $300-$500 expenditure is peanuts.

I stopped in to the Mountain Adventure Zone to check out their selection, and with the intent of buying a few discs and maybe a T-shirt. They had no stock, and I mean the walls were bare.

Crystal Mountain may want to consider that the margin on these items is around 50% and with a few sales, they can make the money needed to turn their current piece of crap course into something approaching playable.