Hastings, MN
C.P. Adams Park Share
Uploaded By: Aim For The Chains Hole #4 (Taken 7/2014)

Pretty Average City Course

2-4    7/29/2014   10/29/2014
Review By: c_a_miller
Pros: I played this course twice in my trip to Minnesota for the Am World Championships, and according the locals, this layout is much better than the previous layout.

The course has wide open rolling hills that you play up and down multiple times. These holes have a fair amount of distance in them. The course also features several holes that have tight lines to hit. Hole 11 is my favorite hole on the course with about a 30' elevation drop. Hole 12 going back up the hill is also a great hole on the course.

The park features a couple water hazards and an elevated basket at hole #18.
Cons: When I played, there were no signs and there were several old tee pads that had not been removed from the old layout. Navigation would have been a nightmare if I had not been playing a tournament where there are signs pointing to the next tee.

My family, who was watching me play, thinks that there are too many crossing fairways in the wide open part of the course, and I would have to agree. The longer holes feel a bit repetitive.
Other Thoughts: I thoroughly enjoyed my time playing in Minnestota. This was the course that my group ended up playing twice, which was a bummer since out of the five courses that I played in the tournament, CP Adams was my least favorite course because it felt too much like a typical city course and there was nothing unique at this course that I could not find else where.

THe course also is a bit out of the way from the twin cities, so only play this course if you are in the area. There are plenty other courses much greater caliber than this one in twin cities.

Bring a map

2-4    10/5/2014   10/6/2014
Review By: sc2sick
Pros: Good holes once you find them
Variety of shots
Clean
Cons: No signage
Multiple tees that say not used
Extremely difficult to navigate even with a map
Unused tees make for confusion/frustration
Other Thoughts: Throw in some clear signage and this would be a great course, if someone wants to take this up I'd donate a couple bucks towards the project even..... even with a printed map it's tough because of the number of unused tees that say don't use..

1    7/27/2014   8/1/2014
Review By: Blaaaake77
Pros: - Championship caliber course
- Dual tees
- Nice open holes, with a handful cutting back through woods
- Cleanly cut
- Well maintained, trash picked up
- Challenging course
- Great scenery
Cons: - Confusing layout
- No garbage cans or recycling bins anywhere really
- Playing this course for the first time without anyone who's played it before can be a bit challenging
- No bathroom anywhere (doesn't matter too much for me)
- A few walking paths through the woods should have been cleared out more, I kept tripping over random sticks and what not.
Other Thoughts: - Throw in some signs, garbage cans a bathroom somewhere and this place will be tip top. I wish I had the chance to play the old layout before it was removed. If signs and a map were added this place could have the potential to be the destination spot for many disc golfers in the South Metro, it was a nice quick and easy drive for me.

Hard Hats Optional

1    6/11/2014   7/2/2014
Review By: TalbotTrojan
Pros: Very challenging course with two sets of tees on most holes in an attempt to make a round here fun for anyone who plays. The variety of open and wooded holes has a very good balance and feel in general. There is a good amount of challenge to the course and the land is used exceptionally well on some holes. The tee pads that were already in were good. The baskets, despite looking old at times were still in good condition with the exception of one basket. Parts of the park are well maintained by the parks department. There seemed to be a good amount of people at this course to keep it a priority in the park, people who were very helpful to an out of town guest. A round here is sure to be challenging and provide for a good amount of fun.
Cons: At the present time, navigation we a nightmare in spots. You really need to have the updated map for this course or finding some tee pads may be impossible. It will certainly help when all the tee pads are poured and there is something besides smal flags to be looking for. There are several places on this course where park traffic will come into play. One hole in particular requires you to throw down what could be a very heavily traffic path. There are also holes that throw right through apparent picnic areas. Some baskets are close together making it hard to determine which basket to throw to. There are some filler holes that really take away from the spectacular nature of some of the other holes.
Other Thoughts: Lets be honest, I played this course in the new layout as things were still in that pre construction phase. There is a lot of potential this this redesign to have a better course, but at the present time the roughness of the course figures into the rating. Part of my rating also assumes that certain improvements will be made. This course is going to be palyed at Am Worlds this year which makes one think these improvements may have already happened since I played the course. There were times when playing this course was a joy and other times where you jsut wanted to smack your forehead. You will want to be prepared with bug spray when the mosqitos are out. I am pretty sure I got bit at least five times in a short walk from the car to find the first tee pad. Shorter tees will make this course more fun for lower level players. Do not try to be a better player than you are. You will want to walk the few blind holes. Be sure to watch for pedestrians before throwing. Get a map! Bring the map! I also want to give a shout out to Emily's Bakery and Deli in "downtown" Hastings. Amazing place to grab food before or after the round. Great sandwhiches, great baked goods.