Fort Thomas, KY
Highland Hills Park Share
Uploaded By: sisyphus Hole #5 (Taken 6/2013)
5 / --   3 / 423ft.   5 / --   5 / -- Par / Distance:

Needs lots of work...

1    6/7/2010   6/7/2010
Review By: jammydee
Pros: +Good use of elevation changes

+Plenty of Parking

+Not crowded at all

+Decent hole lengths for an easy 9
Cons: - Horrible tee pads. Seriously they're a broken ankle waiting to happen, uneven stones are worse than just dirt.

-Couldn't find tee for #7, was looking all around the road as I knew it had to be somewhere around there, but eventually just made one up and threw towards the basket.

-As mentioned above, navigating the course is a bit tricky with the lack of signs. A sign for #9 is missing, and I don't know about #7, as I couldn't find the tee...
Other Thoughts: There was an active construction zone going on behind basket #3, so be wary of that if you go.

The hills can be very slippery especially from dew if you play in the morning. Be careful on the tee pads, too. Some of them are especially awful.

This could be a great course if it was well maintained and had better tee pads. If you can't spring for concrete, at least level the stones out of just go with natural tees...

Unimpressive

5+    6/18/2008   9/15/2009
Review By: Dice
Pros: This course makes great use of space and natural obstacales.

This course is generally very empty, in the six or seven times I have played this course I have never seen anyone else doing so.

The location is nice for those living on the riverfront on the KY side of things.
Cons: When I started playing this was the closest course to my house. I played there four or five times before Surge got more established.

The maintenance of this course is some of the worst I have ever experienced, especially when you consider where it is.

Tee boxes are difficult to locate or to use if located.

Baskets are in atrocious shape.

The playground is in a bad location for errant throws.

Some tees feel as though you are in someones back yard.

Overall Lack of signage (indicating the start of the course) or a very detailed map as of the last time I played (over a year ago).

The last time I played the park seemed to be a construction zone.
Other Thoughts: If I still lived in NKY, I would play Surge as my "short" home course. Skip this course there are far better that are probably just as close.