Bonner Springs, KS
Wyandotte County Park Share
Uploaded By: jeremiahd Hole #8 (Taken 8/2009)

Go Big

5+    4/20/2015   4/24/2015
Review By: ChalkRocks
Pros: I'll start off by saying that this is my home course. I play here at least once a week. It is rarely crowded, which I love. Baskets are all in pretty good shape with giant teepads for each hole. Really nice for the large run ups needed for this beast of a course. It's a great workout and takes around 2 hours to play if you're moving quick. Trash cans are rarely full, if ever and there are benches on every hole. Very nice indeed. You're about 5 min from legends so plenty of conveniences right around the corner
Cons: The average length of this course is around 450 ft per hole. I have a decent arm but even I get a little tired of the constant huge drives necessary for this course.

And then there's the biggest draw back to this course, taking it down a solid 1.5 in rating. Grass upkeep. If you're lucky enough to play immediately after a mowing, it's fantastic. However the grass is generally mown once a month and gets long. I mean really long. In the summer it's gotten above my knees on multiple occasions. Really frustrating on such a pretty course.
Other Thoughts: This course is at least a 4/5 when freshly mown. It's large, open, moderately challenging and pretty. But when the grass is long, it can be infuriating. Make sure you pack a pair of long socks or long pants during the summer months

Good Driver Workout

2-4    6/23/2010   8/13/2010
Review By: jayhawker737
This review was updated on 5/10/2012
Pros: This is a great place to work on distance.
This is also a great place to work on wind driving.
This course is never too crowded, so your round will flow pretty well.
Cons: For me it was a bit too repetitive.
It is always good to be able to throw your driver well, but I wish there were some shorter and more technical holes to compliment the long open holes.
Other Thoughts: Has some good entertainment areas nearby and some good food (Arthur Bryant's). For someone that loves to throw long, this is a great course. For other's like me, I would prefer a more technical layout.