Bonner Springs, KS
Wyandotte County Park Share
Uploaded By: jeremiahd Hole #4 (Taken 8/2009)

WyCo, Beautiful Course to Test Your Arm

1    10/23/2013   10/28/2013
Review By: constantlyej
Pros: The course is extremely clean, and well laid out. There are a few really long pin placements which really allow you to test your arm. Holes 1 and 18 are some of the prettiest tunnels that leave just enough open space to allow your disc move left to right without banging into trees, but if you're release isn't perfect you are destined to get caught up behind some wood. However, the trees are very well kept, so there is not a ton of underbrush to deal with. Hole 16 has a nasty OB with brush, a steep hill, and a bunch of cedars and thorny weeds along the left-hand side- STAY RIGHT!. Overall, this course is really beautiful, and pretty wide open.
Cons: If it's windy, it's going to be a really really long day. It's not the longest course in the world, and the elevation is moderate, but the wind could make a good player really frustrated. I strongly suggest getting your rollers going for you if the wind is up.

However, as of the time I played (Oct 23, 2013), the grass was just high enough that my rollers weren't as great as I would have wanted- still it helped beat the wind and give me more distance than some of the longer lifted bombs I attempted.
Other Thoughts: This was my worst score in a long time. The par on the placements at the time was a 65- I shot a 76. Part of it is that I wasn't hitting my puts, another part was it was my first cold outing of the year, but mainly- it was just because I don't have the best arm yet. What I would typically get out 300-325 was dropping down around 275. I had a total of 4 pars the entire round.

But the course was pretty much all to ourselves, I think we saw one other guy playing single on the course. The course is so pretty, I really can't believe that there weren't more people out playing! I can't wait to hit this course again!

As Fun as it is Long

1    3/15/2009   10/9/2009
Review By: chad groen
This review was updated on 12/16/2010
Pros: This is a long and well-kept course that can really test your driving skills, both in distance and sometimes in accuracy. It's a large, hilly park with lots of trees scattered throughout and also a wooded creek. The course takes advantage of these things to provide a very fun course with varying degrees of difficulty. There are some great layouts, and the alternate hole locations provide different challenges for each hole, which helps maintain a fresh feel to the course. The trees provide some tricky shots, some of which favor backhand throws while others favor sidearm throws. Some holes are real narrow while others are more wide open giving you an opportunity to launch your disc as far as you can on your opening drive. Also the signs and benches at each tee pad are a nice touch.
Cons: It can sometimes be kind of hard figuring out where to go to play the next hole and also trying to figure out where the first tee pad is located in this giant park (it's next to the tennis courts, so look for that). Also there are a few holes that seem a little too open and could probably benefit from having a few more trees to help make them more challenging.
Other Thoughts: This might be a daunting course for someone with a weak arm, but overall it's a great park for disc golf that can challenge players of all skill levels in a variety of ways.