Tamaqua, PA
Villas Crossing DGC Share
Uploaded By: zapplayer12 Hole #16 (Taken 8/2014)
-- / --   4 / 509ft.   3 / 509ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:

One of the Best in PA!

1    9/13/2014   9/18/2014
Review By: WeapoNEXT
Pros: Ball golf converted to DG will probably be the wave of the future. This is the first of it's kind in PA. Huge, wide open fairways. Sick elevation changes for mega drives on some holes. The golf cart was a huge plus. You'll be glad you have it for Par 4s & 5s. Yes, you can even drive it through the wooded holes! Super scenic landscapes. Cart rental is included with $10 fee. Tee signs are really well done and way finding signage makes navigating the course a breeze. Well thought out course design.
Cons: Pay to play, but worth ever dollar. Course is located a bit off the beaten path. You might need to find your way off the course around 4PM on the weekend. Staff likes to close up shop around then. Get on the course early in order to play through at your own pace.
Other Thoughts: Once this course pulls together a course map, it should rise to top as one of PA's best courses. You have to try it! No need to fret if you forgot supplies or find yourself in a rush. Their club house has it all. Very friendly staff. So much fun, I couldn't stop smiling during the entire round.

Disc Golf with carts!

1    9/1/2014   9/1/2014
Review By: Baub
Pros: 1. Golf carts! It's awesome to be able to drive to fetch your discs. Also a nice way to travel throughout the course's beautiful wooded areas.
2. The views are very scenic, with a nice overlook of the valley.
3. Lots of wide open spaces on the green holes to get some practice at long drives, and a few elevated baskets (one hanging).
Cons: Really thick underbrush on a couple of the holes which lead to easily lost discs and some nice scratches on the legs. Lost 2 discs due to shanking my drives too far into the weeds.
Lots of tunnel shots (could be a pro if you like tunnel shots).
Other Thoughts: My wife and I really enjoyed this course. Having golf carts really made it much easier to navigate the course. We will definitely be returning to this course. Had a lot of fun.

Worth every penny

1    8/21/2014   8/22/2014
Review By: Grip N Rip
Pros: This course has fun written all over it. Besides the obvious fun of having a cart and adult beverages this course offers a challenge to all skill levels. Some holes you feel as if you're on The Slyline at Blue mountain. Other holes you feel like you're in your local wooded course. And then some holes you feel like you should have a ball and club in hand. I'd say the average hole length is around 350-400ft. Elavation makes holes play much shorter or longer so always keep that in mind. The rough isn't too bad for a new course. If you go make sure you have time for two rounds. After 18 we all felt great and barely hungry. The carts do most of the traveling so you stay fresh for more fun. I didn't check out the clubhouse but the girl (didn't get your name sorry) who was runnin it was kind enough to let us squeeze in another round just before sunset.
Cons: Not enough risk-reward holes. No water. Criss crossing between ball golfers and disc golfers seems like it could happen a lot so stay attentive.
Other Thoughts: Villas Crossing has a good thing going for them. Please don't ruin it for them or us disc golfers by being an idiot with the carts or other golfers (ball or disc).

Golf Cart Fun

1    8/11/2014   8/15/2014
Review By: Abrigh1
Pros: -Driving a golf cart to play disc golf is a lot of fun
-Well designed course with varied shots and approaches
-Par 3, 4, and 5's which makes it very interesting in having to plan attack on how to get to the hole instead of just drive n' putts like most courses that only have par 3's
-Course plays along side real golf course which makes it feel like you playing a real round of golf, which is something I have not experienced before on any course
-Has some truly epic downhill shots (#17 is my favorite hole I have ever played)
-Pro shop has discs to peruse, beer, food, soda, bathrooms, and a friendly staff
-Good signage, nice baskets+tee pads, and well maintained
-Length of the course is manageable for pros and beginners alike
Cons: -I can't really think of a negative about this place. Having water on the course somewhere would be nice and I had some issues getting the golf cart around near the woods holes, but these were not big issues and did not take away from my enjoyment of the round.
Other Thoughts: This course is a lot of fun to play and it is obvious the designer and people overseeing it know what they are doing and love the game. I will be back even though it's a little over an hour from my house because it was worth the drive.

Golf cart increases fun factor

1    8/9/2014   8/10/2014
Review By: blazerico
Pros: This course shares a lot of ground with the ball course on the same property, so you get to use golf carts! Not only do you get to drive around on the golf/dg fairways, but you get to take them into the woods too. The course is good on its own, but the cart experience increases the fun factor and gets an extra 0.5 disc because of it.
The course has a lot of variation: wide open shots, tunnel shots, r to l, l to r, short with canopy, loooong, serious elevation change...
Then there's the clubhouse with a good selection of beer, other drinks, food and bathrooms.
Cons: Being a new course and being in PA, the rough is really dense pricker bushes for the most part. Generally each hole has at least one area that you want to avoid or you pay the price...in blood!
No map. Even though the signage is very good and you are never left wondering where to go, I like to have a map of the courses I play.
Other Thoughts: I started the day thinking I would play here once and never go back because it is about 1.5 hours from my house and it is not on the way to anywhere I usually go. Figured I would enjoy the novelty of the golf carts, have a good time, then be done with it. Well, I had a great time, the drive wasn't too bad and the course is fun enough to make me want to go back. I'll probably go again in the fall to see how everything looks in fall colors.

Gorgeous course, Finally a cart course

1    8/9/2014   8/9/2014
Review By: oldesch
Pros: gorgeous course with a great variety. the convenience of the cart is much more than a novelty but does also make it even more fun. the people at the check in area are great. they have very affordable drink ($3.50 for jack n coke, i think $2 pbr). if u buy beer they even supply a cooler and ice.
Cons: the membership fee. if you pay $60 for a pass til 2015 ends, you still have to pay $6 a round with carts. so you only save $4 per round so if my shitty math is right you need to play over 20 rounds to break even. you do play for free with no cart but thats half the attraction. however if you do want it make sure you buy it before the round because they will not discount you the $10 you already spent if you try to get it after (which is my only complaint personell wise)
Other Thoughts: very possiblymy favorite course, mainly because of the addition of carts, my even without carts it would still be a certain top 3, especially because there is a great atmosphere at the lodge and cheap drinks. for the second weekend we were the first there at about 11 and only 6 people checked in by the time we were done.