Tamaqua, PA
Villas Crossing DGC Share
Uploaded By: zapplayer12 Hole #14 (Taken 8/2014)
-- / --   3 / 287ft.   3 / 287ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #14 Approach

Worth every penny

1    8/21/2014   8/22/2014
Review By: Grip N Rip
Pros: This course has fun written all over it. Besides the obvious fun of having a cart and adult beverages this course offers a challenge to all skill levels. Some holes you feel as if you're on The Slyline at Blue mountain. Other holes you feel like you're in your local wooded course. And then some holes you feel like you should have a ball and club in hand. I'd say the average hole length is around 350-400ft. Elavation makes holes play much shorter or longer so always keep that in mind. The rough isn't too bad for a new course. If you go make sure you have time for two rounds. After 18 we all felt great and barely hungry. The carts do most of the traveling so you stay fresh for more fun. I didn't check out the clubhouse but the girl (didn't get your name sorry) who was runnin it was kind enough to let us squeeze in another round just before sunset.
Cons: Not enough risk-reward holes. No water. Criss crossing between ball golfers and disc golfers seems like it could happen a lot so stay attentive.
Other Thoughts: Villas Crossing has a good thing going for them. Please don't ruin it for them or us disc golfers by being an idiot with the carts or other golfers (ball or disc).

Golf cart increases fun factor

1    8/9/2014   8/10/2014
Review By: blazerico
Pros: This course shares a lot of ground with the ball course on the same property, so you get to use golf carts! Not only do you get to drive around on the golf/dg fairways, but you get to take them into the woods too. The course is good on its own, but the cart experience increases the fun factor and gets an extra 0.5 disc because of it.
The course has a lot of variation: wide open shots, tunnel shots, r to l, l to r, short with canopy, loooong, serious elevation change...
Then there's the clubhouse with a good selection of beer, other drinks, food and bathrooms.
Cons: Being a new course and being in PA, the rough is really dense pricker bushes for the most part. Generally each hole has at least one area that you want to avoid or you pay the price...in blood!
No map. Even though the signage is very good and you are never left wondering where to go, I like to have a map of the courses I play.
Other Thoughts: I started the day thinking I would play here once and never go back because it is about 1.5 hours from my house and it is not on the way to anywhere I usually go. Figured I would enjoy the novelty of the golf carts, have a good time, then be done with it. Well, I had a great time, the drive wasn't too bad and the course is fun enough to make me want to go back. I'll probably go again in the fall to see how everything looks in fall colors.