Saint Charles, IL
Campton Hills Share

Great Course

5+    5/10/2014   5/14/2014
Review By: toxicsasquatch4
Pros: This course is a great place to go. It is a 9 hole course so you can play through it multiple times in a row in a short amount of time. There are many opportunities for a hole in one if you find a way to weave the Frisbee in and out of trees (since the course is in the forest).
Cons: All I would say for a con is that it is only 9 holes.

A+ = Supremely Unique & Fun!! Best 9-holer I have played

2-4    6/18/2009   6/18/2009
Other Thoughts: This course blew my mind! It has got to be the single most unique course of the 193 courses I have played to date. To be sure, this course is not a "serious" disc golf course…..but is seriously fun - a total blast!

I am going to explain why this course deserves a 5 disc rating in my book. I'll spare rehashing the course details since previous reviewers (and the pictures) have done a splendid job with that.

Normally I have a set way of ranking courses (details in my profile). Since this course is so unique I approached things uniquely….but only slightly differently. This is an unashamed pitch-n-putt course that challenges the tar out of a 1 or 2 disc challenge. I tried to get to 6 down (a score of 21) three times over using only a putter. That seemed reasonable. I never got close……even with an ace on #5 one round.

I had more fun playing things this way than I've had playing any other 9 hole course. The poor tee pads (they were all big puddles when I played yesterday) are not a detriment….they are simply an added challenge.

I keep 2 lists of courses: 18 or more holes and 17 or less holes (mainly 9 holers). This course topped the 9-holer list where the highest course was rated a 96% grade (an A, or 4.5 disc rating). So this course gets at least a 97% (A+, 5.0 discs).

I base my ranking list on my "personal addiction factor" -- how a given course feeds these desires/motivations/reasons I have for going out to play:
1) To be challenged by the course (getting more birdies than pars at Campton Hills with just a putter - supreme challenge!)
2) To have fun with friends (Campton is like none other!)
3) To relax and enjoy nature in a beautiful and secluded setting (besides being overcrowded at times it is waaaaay beautiful and the layout keeps it feeling other-worldly secluded.)
4) To enjoy a nice birdie fest (A given on this course. Half the birdies are easy to get, half are quite challenging.)

Simply put, this course topped my list of 68 9-hole courses I have played. It deserves 5 discs!

Great

5+    4/15/2009   4/17/2009
Review By: EDoty
This review was updated on 4/19/2009
Pros: Very fun and moderatly easy course. This was the first course i played and the course i learned on. Holes are short but the woods make it very challenging.
Cons: Teeboxs are short also the holes are short
Other Thoughts: great course that i would reccomend to beginners and advanced players its a very fun and challenging course