Saint Charles, IL
Campton Hills Share

Awesome technical course.

2-4    6/12/2016   6/12/2016
Review By: 3seconds2live
Pros: Very short holes easy to par with controlled upshots. Tight narrow fairways with lots of foliage. If you like wide open this is not the course for you. Signs are accurate. There is stairs for every hole where there is steep hills such as 7 and 8 ensure you look for them and utilize them.
Cons: You can easily lose discs.
Other Thoughts: Great for making learning to throw dogleg drives over short distances.

Great Course

5+    5/10/2014   5/14/2014
Review By: toxicsasquatch4
Pros: This course is a great place to go. It is a 9 hole course so you can play through it multiple times in a row in a short amount of time. There are many opportunities for a hole in one if you find a way to weave the Frisbee in and out of trees (since the course is in the forest).
Cons: All I would say for a con is that it is only 9 holes.

A+ = Supremely Unique & Fun!! Best 9-holer I have played

2-4    6/18/2009   6/18/2009
Other Thoughts: This course blew my mind! It has got to be the single most unique course of the 193 courses I have played to date. To be sure, this course is not a "serious" disc golf course.....but is seriously fun - a total blast!

I am going to explain why this course deserves a 5 disc rating in my book. I'll spare rehashing the course details since previous reviewers (and the pictures) have done a splendid job with that.

Normally I have a set way of ranking courses (details in my profile). Since this course is so unique I approached things uniquely....but only slightly differently. This is an unashamed pitch-n-putt course that challenges the tar out of a 1 or 2 disc challenge. I tried to get to 6 down (a score of 21) three times over using only a putter. That seemed reasonable. I never got close......even with an ace on #5 one round.

I had more fun playing things this way than I've had playing any other 9 hole course. The poor tee pads (they were all big puddles when I played yesterday) are not a detriment....they are simply an added challenge.

I keep 2 lists of courses: 18 or more holes and 17 or less holes (mainly 9 holers). This course topped the 9-holer list where the highest course was rated a 96% grade (an A, or 4.5 disc rating). So this course gets at least a 97% (A+, 5.0 discs).

I base my ranking list on my "personal addiction factor" -- how a given course feeds these desires/motivations/reasons I have for going out to play:
1) To be challenged by the course (getting more birdies than pars at Campton Hills with just a putter - supreme challenge!)
2) To have fun with friends (Campton is like none other!)
3) To relax and enjoy nature in a beautiful and secluded setting (besides being overcrowded at times it is waaaaay beautiful and the layout keeps it feeling other-worldly secluded.)
4) To enjoy a nice birdie fest (A given on this course. Half the birdies are easy to get, half are quite challenging.)

Simply put, this course topped my list of 68 9-hole courses I have played. It deserves 5 discs!

Great

5+    4/15/2009   4/17/2009
Review By: EDoty
This review was updated on 4/19/2009
Pros: Very fun and moderatly easy course. This was the first course i played and the course i learned on. Holes are short but the woods make it very challenging.
Cons: Teeboxs are short also the holes are short
Other Thoughts: great course that i would reccomend to beginners and advanced players its a very fun and challenging course