Ludington, MI
Mason County Park - Beast Share
Uploaded By: lcra0825 Hole #D (Taken 6/2012)
Hole D Long Tee

5+    6/27/2012   8/3/2012
Review By: fenixtxfan11
Pros: Elevation changes, great mix of trees and open terrain, tests every type of throw you can make and uses all of the discs in your bag. Very well maintained and clean. Beautiful views of the lake
Cons: None.
Other Thoughts: View from hole 1 is unreal

Beautiful Disc Golf Experience...

1    10/14/2010   10/19/2010
Review By: cooktastic
Pros: This course is one of three amazing courses in Mason County park. It is called the Beast...I don't know if that is tongue in cheek or what...because it in my opinion was far more breathtaking than it's sister course on the same property named Beauty. It was easily one of the most beautiful courses I have every played. The trees were in full color...there are some amazing views on top of these large rolling hills overlooking Lake Michigan. Wow...didn't know disc golf could LOOK this amazing...the tee on hole one sets the tone for the rest of the round...and it sets the bar high. The fairways were very well manicured (even though the gates were closed and park was officially shut down for the season). The fairways were so groomed that I commented to one of my playing partners that it looked like a ball golf course.

I know it is rather cliche...but this course has so much variety in it's shots. Every hole was truly a unique challenge. I have way too many discs in my bag admittedly...but I used more on this course than any of other courses on our road trip to this area...due to the amount of variety of this course.

I really liked some of the greens on the course. They had several greens that were tucked away up in a group of trees on a hill...just very unique.

The baskets were very good and the course flowed very well. We navigated the course without any major issues.
Cons: The teepads were concrete...but they were not uniform and a few of them were too short for my liking.

That's it...I can't remember anything negative other than that...and even that was easily overlooked.
Other Thoughts: This very well may stand as one of my favorite rounds of disc golf that I have ever played. I was playing with some great guys at a beautiful time of year...add to that a top notch disc golf course and you have a recipe for a fantastic day of DG.

Words Cannot Describe...

1    10/14/2010   10/17/2010
Review By: odysseus81
Pros: The course is magnificent in every way. The land is epic with a huge amount of variance in elevation. The tee at 1 is the most incredible thing I have ever experienced in disc golf. I could have spent all day there just taking it all in. You basically look out and see trees all around you with an amazing view of Lake Michigan behind it.
The course itself plays mostly with a park-like setting, although there are a few holes more heavily wooded and a few holes that are big and open. An amazing balance of distances within those different playing styles. I thought that the course flowed really well...especially considering there are 2 other courses intermingled. Goliath's tee's are all around, but it is very obvious what is Goliath and what is Beast. The goliath tee signs are greenish-yellow to make it pretty brainless to follow. I can see how there could be issues throwing into people, but I certainly didn't experience anything like that out there.
The tee pads were very good concrete tees that were definitely long enough (with a very few exceptions).
You will need to use every disc and every shot in your bag to tame this Beast. Each hole offered something different and it really kept me off balance and challenged.
The course was immaculately manicured even with us playing out there during the off season. Words cannot accurately describe the beauty of this course which is ironic, because it was the one named Beast--- There were so many times where I just stood for a moment to take it all in.
Cons: A few tee pads were too short. A few minor navigation issues. The end.
Other Thoughts: When we headed out to the area to play disc golf from Missouri I had high expectations for the courses in this area, but I assumed that Flip City would steal the show. My experience at Beast FAR exceeded any expectations I had.
This course absolutely blew my mind. I am sure that part of my impression was helped by the fact that I went out there to play when the leaves were at their most brilliant, but this course is one of the most breathtaking experiences I have ever had. I was very surprised that I was the first one to give this a 5 star review...maybe I picked the best time possible to play, but for me, this was disc golf heaven. Playing this course made me want to go back and reevaluate my other reviews of courses. It was that awesome and I will never forget it.