Elizabethtown, KY
Freeman Lake Park Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #1 (Taken 3/2009)

Nice Course

1    7/10/2010   7/12/2010
Review By: DGRZ001
Pros: Course was well groomed, with nice tee signs, tees and baskets. Lots of different types of altitude variation, and hole variation - open to woods to water. Navigation between holes was not too difficult. Lengths of the holes allowed for good score distribution, that is, most holes were not ones that almost everyone would get the same score on. Not crowded - only saw three people playing on a Saturday morning,.
Cons: The course in general was partial to the right-to-left shot. The course had too many mandatories. At least one mando, on hole 5?, was difficult to locate from the tee. If I had to guess, I would say that some to most of them were put in after the course was installed because of people who threw left-to-right shots that went over street/sidewalks/other fairways instead of the intended right-to-left fairway. Note: I am a RHBH right-to-left thrower. As others have said, on a few holes near the lake, there is bird poop all over, including the concrete tee boxes.
Other Thoughts: I liked the course. I am a pro GM, and I know that with some more practice on the course, I could double or triple the three birdies I got when I played. I talked to the twosome I saw, and they were visiting from Chattanooga, so I don't know if that means that the locals usually play somewhere else or not. I would have given the course a higher rating if it had less mandos, and a lower rating if my predominant throw was left-to-right.

But as I said, it is a nice course, and a pleasant diversion for a fun round of golf.