Colorado Springs, CO
Widefield Park Share
Uploaded By: LeewayeDiscGolf Hole #3 (Taken 11/2009)
Hole #3 Tourney Tee

< Prev 1 2 3 4
A pretty nice little residential park course

1    8/22/2016   8/22/2016
Review By: nckirksey
This review was updated on 9/12/2016
Pros: Makes good use of the relatively limited amount of land

3-4 pin placements per hole, adds variety for locals

Widefield Park is well-maintained. Grounds crews were out mowing while we were out for our round

Pro and Am tees for most holes

Helpful locals (we had some trouble finding holes 8-12 and 14)

The course isn't too long for beginners

You'll need to use every shot in your bag at least once here to score well, but newer players can get away with just BH and lay up on a few areas.
Cons: Grass was long after you leave the park area - hole 5 or so. The grass was wet with dew so my shoes were soaked completely through by the end of hole 1 (it was mowed later during our round). It wasn't as enjoyable having soppy socks and shoes for an entire round.

Holes 8-12 are across the road from the rest of the course, which made them difficult to find. We never found 14.

Holes 7-13 feel pretty similar.

Beginners will have plenty of opportunities to lose discs in the running creek and poison ivy.

No long holes to really air it out.

Course map at the park entrance is weathered to the point where it's completely illegible.
Other Thoughts: Experienced players can get by with just a putter and a mid. I'm not a distance thrower by any means and used my DX Leopard exactly once on the 18th pro tee. Otherwise, I was teeing off with my Aviar or Shark.

Some tee markers are missing.

Fun Course

5+    11/14/2015   5/18/2016
Review By: Big_Justin
Pros: I have always liked playing the course at Widefield. It is a bit out of my way, so I do not go as often is I would like. The times I have played to course i have never really ran into too many crowds. The course is mostly clean and friendly.
Cons: The only problem i have ever had is the last time I went, the basket numbers were on the wrong holes, which caused a lot of confusion.
Other Thoughts: Overall this is a great course if you don't have to deal with the crowds or the neighbors.

My Home Course

5+    1/26/2016   1/28/2016
Review By: astraus87
Pros: I have a slanted opinion cause its my home course but its one of the best ive played in the state. Have the dynamics of making technical shots but still come open areas. Also has a great field to allow for field work.
Cons: The river will eat your soul if its moving quickly
Other Thoughts: Tag rounds are held there saturdays at 10am come join we would love to have all of you they do ace pot and tag and sometimes a side pot too.

Beautiful Park Course

2-4    4/8/2014   4/8/2014
Review By: markmcc
Pros: This is a typical park course, with lots of mature trees, short grass, and very little brush. The creek that winds through the course adds a great element of risk, and I rolled a few discs into it.

The course offers a good mix of open holes and wooded holes. Nothing really tight, but some holes require good straight drives or a little line-shaping to stay out of trouble.

Very nice concrete teepads, and decent tee signs, though some were getting a little weathered. There are "pro" tees and "am" tees for about half of the holes.

There are numerous pin placements for each hole. Based on the tee signs there are some holes with as many as four or five potential basket locations. As an out-of-towner I have no idea how often the baskets are moved, but it looks like the holes could have a lot of different looks/lengths.

Navigation on the course was pretty easy for a first-timer. Most of the teepads were close to the previous basket and the signs were pretty obvious. It was helpful that they were clearly labeled as "pro" or "am" and that the holes with only a single tee clearly stated it on the sign.
Cons: No real elevation changes to play with.

Not really a great deal of variety. You have some wide open holes at the beginning and end, and some wooded (but not tight) holes in the middle.

Once you get into the wooded stretch around Quebec Street (Holes 7 - 13) there is a bit of similarity between the holes.

Quite a few of the holes run along the fences of adjoining homes, and you could certainly lose a disc or two over a fence.
Other Thoughts: I played on a Tuesday morning and had the course to myself. But from other reviews it sounds like the weekend could get a little sporty.

Good parking, but the restrooms were locked so we had to drive to a nearby convenience store for my wife's sake.

Good Combination

1    3/21/2014   3/21/2014
Review By: Fresh Hound
Pros: Choice of easy and hard tee spots
Holes range from long and strait to short and tricky with some water hazards
great for beginners and pros
Cons: plays through a park and can be very busy
can be good and bad but a lot of trees

Fun course

1    11/29/2013   12/1/2013
Review By: quietman2005
Pros: Good mix of technical shots and more open ones.
Both amateur and pro. tees on almost all holes.
Baskets in good shape.
Well maintained course.
There is a nice little stream running through the course that adds a bit of risk/reward to play. When I was playing the water was down enough that you didn't have to worry about loosing your disk. It was just inconvienant to drag it out of the water.
Cons: Personally I woulld have liked to see more long shots. Around here 300-350 ft. shots are about average but in Colorado this is considered a long shot.
Other Thoughts: From reading other reviews I expected to be surrounded by rude people, but I found everyone to be very nice and helpful. There were several larger groups of players who saw that we had a smaller group that was moving faster than they were.The all offered to allow us to play through without us having to ask. They were very helpful in giving us help navigating the course.

Hazard county

1    4/6/2013   4/8/2013
Review By: bcos4life
This review was updated on 7/6/2014
Pros: Might be the best course I've seen so far. Distances shots, technical shots, and everything in between plays here.

Most of the holes have water in play and mature trees to dance through, making it very hard but fun.

Hole placement is key here, they have some fun locations in groups of trees.

One of the early holes has an elevated tee that is a lot of fun.
Cons: Not much, but a few things.

Their are few designated tees, most are sidewalks with faded markings.

It's in a park, so people tend to look down on the DG'ers because we almost took out a kite.

Do NOT go after a disc in someone's yard.
Other Thoughts: Because our DG brethren have disrespected people's property, they aren't too fond of us at Widefield. Most yards have "Do Not Enter" signs and barbed wire on the fences. These are the actions that get courses removed.

Good Course

5+    12/2/2012   12/2/2012
Review By: EricBasile
Pros: Well kept.
Not a lot of traffic.
Nice open long shots in the begining and the end and the middle is wooded.
Cons: The creek in the middle on some days can just take you disk down stream and you will never see it again.
If your disc goes in someones yard you may have issues getting it back. Some of the yards have barbwire on the fences or they will take your disc and not give it back.
Other Thoughts: Besides me losing discs at this course i have a lot of fun here.

2-4    8/18/2012   8/21/2012
Review By: geofflaw
Pros: - great course for begginer to intermediate players to test there consistency and skills with a disc.
- plenty of shade
Cons: - very crowded on the weekends.
- the grass around the creek that runs through the whole course is very high and overgrown, it could be trimmed back a little bit.
- no benches so my family cant go watch or play with me
Other Thoughts: - some of the chains are set up in odd places, but it does make for a good challenge

3rd hole...look out!

2-4    7/5/2012   7/18/2012
Review By: AndyJB
Pros: -1st hole is a wide-open long bomb...if you can go 350-400 you'll love it
-The "wooded holes" require some skill to hold the line, but still easy enough for a newer player
-Plenty of shade
Cons: -3rd hole is a disc eater! The tall grass around the creek will take your disc if you're aiming for the basket...overthrow the basket and putt in for an easy 1 under
-SUPER crowded on the weekends...go with a group or on the weekdays
-No benches, which means I can't play with my daughter
-1st timers will have a helluva time finding the 1st teebox...the weathered old sign at the entrance is of little help to navigate the course
Other Thoughts: This is my second "hometown" course (I live in Fountain) but I find myself playing it less than Cumberland due to the crowds. But that obviously means the course is good if so many people are playing!

With that said, intermidiate on up for this course....NOT a course for begginers. If you're younger or just starting out, hit up Cumberland or Turkey Creek to hone your skills or you'll be suffering a lot of lost discs.

This course is most fun with 4 or 5 players of the same skill level. My daughter, wife and I trying to play was like the Three Stooges go folfing.

< Prev 1 2 3 4