Colorado Springs, CO

Widefield DGC

2-4    2/4/2009   2/21/2009
Review By: J.Kasm
This review was updated on 2/26/2009
Pros: This course is outstanding! Although I when I played it, it was around 17 degrees and snowing, it was still a great time. My friend and I were the only two golfers on the course because of the weather and we took our time. I'll admit that I didn't play very well. The course has a lot of open shots along with hyzer and anhyzer baskets. An added bonus, that makes this course so friendly to beginners, is that it has AM and Pro tees with over half the baskets. Plenty of obstacles and the creek is also nice when teeing-off on the #3 basket.
Cons: A couple of the bottom 9 baskets share greens, which could cause a little traffic when the course is busy; other than that, there aren't really any cons to this course. Just try to stay out of the water.
Other Thoughts: The creek isn't very deep, but it is a pain in the you-know-what if you sink a disc into it. I'll try to post some pictures of the course, but I'm not sure how useful they'll be considering everything was white while we were playing. LOL

Wonderful Widefield....

9/13/2001   3/31/2008
Review By: weum107
Pros: Nice cement tees in a beautiful park. Great views, a cool creek to play around and lots of great trees. 18 holes with multiple pin placements and a good community of golfers on most days.
Cons: Can be very woody and a few yards can impede on your throws here and there, but nothing really bad at all. A gem.
Other Thoughts: Played in the Colorado State Championships here in 2000 or 2001 (can't remember which). I do recall that my play was poor that weekend, though. Not easy at all to get pro par (54) here, but i have emerged at or under 54 a few times, with a 50 being easily my best. That was one of those days where your shots are just rockin' and the chains keep ringin'. Usually get a 56 or so. Don't be fooled by the birdie hole on 1. It's a nice way to start each round, but the back 9 will typically eat you up and spit you out anyway. Highly recommended course....probably the best one i have played (yet). Check it out for sure!