Grayslake, IL
Uploaded By: #19325 Hole #9

1 2 Next >
 B+ = You Be Feelin' Positive After Playing This 9-holer

1    7/16/2009   7/16/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up in my list of 9 hole courses:

1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == B+ (Not too punishing for missing your line, but enough to keep you honest and to keep it quite interesting)

2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == A (Almost every hole is long enough or has an interesting enough shape to make it the perfect challenge for my throwing length)

3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == B- (All holes favor RHBH throwers. Even hole 7 that finishes right favors a RHBH turnover throw more than a LHBH due to its shape. That said, it is creatively enough designed to not feel boring or repetitious at all)

4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B+ (Beautiful large oaks are all over. In summer it does feel quite secluded for most of the course)

5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

Great Course to Improve On

5+    5/30/2009   6/24/2009
Review By: StrikerME02
Pros: To start I am going to have to say that my favorite part about this course has to be the baskets. They are top of the line innova discatchers. The chains just seem to grab your discs as they fall into the big nicely constructed basket on the bottom. This course does have a nice set of risk/reward holes with the tight fairways and pinball (skinny) trees it has scattered in the line to the basket. THere are many holes on this course that are easily birdie-able. Also, the tees are nice concrete tees to throw from.
Cons: Although I do think this is a decent course it could get a lot better. For example, there is a point on this course where the fairways do cross over and intesect one another that you have to pay very close attention so that there arent other discers in the way this area involves holes 6 & 7. Another negative about this course is that you can easily lose a disc. Although there are no water obstacles there is tall grass and big bushes to just devour your discs. All I can recommend is just keep your eye on your disc if it lands in the brush and DONT THROW A GREEN DISC. With all this tall grass and shaded areas from trees attracts a lot of mosquitos and other bugs so make sure you come prepared with a lot of bug spray if you don't want to be a little tiny things dinner. How could this course be improved, well to start it would need to have some long holes. All the holes on this course are pretty short in comparison to a lot of courses, but that is mainly because of all the trees that can get in the way as I mentioned before. Also the fact that there is really no elavation until the last hole is somewhat disappointing.
Other Thoughts: This course I would say is at the level where it deserves to be checked out. But again I say deserves Not that it is mandatory to check out this course. There is a nice bathroom area by the soccer/football field right by the first tee. It's inside a little building specifically made in order to let people do their business. When I play at this course it is because I want to try and get an ace and practice my tight fairway shots.

Decent

5+    6/11/2009   6/12/2009
Review By: steven2361
This review was updated on 7/25/2009
Pros: This course has some interesting holes. Varying lengths. The shorter holes are still a little chalenging because of super tight fairways between the trees (Hole 5). The Baskets are GREAT Innova Discatchers with bright yellow tops.
Cons: Most shots just go to the left for RHBH throwers. Only hole 9 has some elevation. There is way too much weeds and thorns on the sides of the fairway which also makes it easy to lose a disc. 1 crossing fairway (6 & 7). There are no holes really that should test your distance.
Other Thoughts: Keep your disc low because of all the trees. You need an accurate arm to play this course well as there are a few tees where trees are directly in front of the tee on either side. Don't drive out to this course from anywhere far, but if you're close it's still a very fun course to play. If you're around I suggest instead going to a 18 holer such as Lippold or Bevier. If you only have time for a 9 holer, Adler and Warren are great too.

1 2 Next >