Rockford, IL
Hole #12

a close second

1    5/5/2013   5/5/2013
Review By: buggzbrown
Pros: -lots of technical shots but also a few holes to just launch off the pad

-nice sized course definitely will get some excersise

-nice park lots of shade
Cons: - the Signs are terrible.. i appreciate that someone took the time to hand make them but the lines are not very helpful and the distances are all way off

-BUSY the whole time we were there lots of waiting or letting people play through

- a couple holes next to road almost got my car hit while driving
Other Thoughts: Pretty decent course overall a fun time but i prefer the eastern course to this one

Long and lost

1    10/26/2009   11/5/2009
Review By: tomjulio
Pros: -cement tees
-new baskets
-a variety of natures elements
-long bomber holes
-the beauty of playing in majestic large trees
-technical pin placements..in some
-right across from Anna East
Cons: -poor flow
-blind holes that are 300+
-bad bad signage
-repetitive after the first holes
-long bomber holes with no rhyme or reason
Other Thoughts: Took the day to head down to the land of Bears and wind to play Anna Page East and West. A great park with two nice disc golf courses back to back and across a parking lot from each other. Started with Anna page East and moved on across the road. LUCKILY, and this is a huge luckily, we ran into the course maintainer who actually drew on the back of my Rhyno the course map for Anna west with a sharpie, pretty cool. This would become INVALUABLE! What a great guy who talked to us about his courses. If we didn't have a map I could only imagine the hell and frustration this course would have given us, because even with a map we had a bitch of a time.

The course is still in it's infancy with almost no signs except for a few hand written wood posts with numbers on them. No next of, no yardage, not much of anything...and unfortunately with the layout this course needs it badly. Even with the map we were given, finding the next tee, and even the basket we were shooting at become annoying and downright painful. We shot at the wrong basket MANY times. Unforgivable.

The course starts off in these majestic older trees in the rolling land. No real marked fairways, but the trees make up for it. This goes on for the first six or seven holes. 300+ being normal for all. I can't even recall one hole under 300'.

The course opens up, WAY too much, on the back nine. You literally are just chucking and throwing again to get to a basket on the other side of a huge grassy soggy field. I never get these, especially when they are back to back. Such a waste. This is where the ability to be shooting at the wrong basket can come into play...and who wants to walk 700'+ to find out if the basket you see is the right one?

You end up the course back in the trees where finding the last tees and the baskets took a toll on us. We just didn't want to play any more. This is one of the very few times that I have never finished a course. 16's basket is right by the parking lot (after we found it) and we just quit there. 17 and 18 looked super repetitive and created a mini loop at the end of holes that looked exactly like the tree holes in the beginning.

In summary: with Anna East and West being in such close proximity this is a great little park. Not so much a destination duo, but one that is worth a play. Anna East is by far my favorite of the two (I rate that one a solid 3.5). West is young and needs help, and unfortunately is no where above the 3 I rate it as.