Independence, KY
Lincoln Ridge Park Share

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Just get here and throw!

1    5/22/2015   1/26/2016
Review By: B3NDER
Pros: Where to begin!

This course seemingly has it all:

To get amenities out of the way, the course has no shortage of benches and trash bins, which definitely helped lend to the very well-kept nature of the course.
The upkeep/maintenance here seemed definitely top notch, which is a huge plus.

- 24 Holes, equipped with Chainstar baskets, all holding up very well. The use of elevation and variety of terrain here is top notch in my opinion. There are multiple pin positions for some holes, allowing for a nice mix.

- An absolute great mix of open and wooded holes. You will need to be able to bring your A-Game in terms of longer drives for some holes, and the ability to throw tight lines in the wooded areas. With all that mind, with the varying pin position, putting and the strategy you use will be crucial, as huge rollaways are possible if not careful. Water also comes into play in a few spots, presenting some chances at risk/reward. You will be using all the shots in your arsenal, and having a blast doing it.

- Each hole has concrete pads, with a few having more than one tee - which offers different looks at the basket in terms of lower/higher positions. (I thought this was a neat feature)

- Signage for the teepads were pretty solid, explained par, distance and hole number.

Lincoln Ridge is located within a ~30 Minute drive from Idlewild, another must play course in Kentucky.
Cons: - Some 'fairways' are relatively close to others, which could possibly lead to shanked drives crossing over into other holes, especially with the first few holes, which can lead to safety concerns (Still not enough to really take away from the overall course rating, just exercise caution)

- In terms of navigation, we could have used a few more pointers in the right direction for the next tee. While we were never lost, routing was a bit off in a few spots. (Especially on some of the longer transitions)

- Some rough contains poison Ivy, so be careful if you're wandering off the fairway for discs.
Other Thoughts: It is so easy for me to say that Lincoln Ridge is easily in my 'Top 5 courses played' list - and I would give anything for it to be my home course. Other courses could take a page from Lincoln Ridge's book, as it was just that much fun. It is hard to believe that this course is over 30+ years old, and still offers so much. I almost listed the amount of traffic at this course under the 'Con' section, but really that traffic is just attributed to how amazing this place truly is.

Just crazy fun!

1    6/10/2015   12/3/2015
Review By: Stardoggy
Pros: Lincoln Ridge is a 24 hole course set in Independence, KY, not too far from Idlewild.

Chainstar baskets, all in good repair, and caught well. Some really nice pin positions in dangerous positions. Death putts abound if you're overly aggressive. Lots of risk/reward around the greens here. Some holes have multiple pin positions.

Nice concrete tee pads, which were in good repair. Some holes have multiple tees, which were explained to us more as upper/lower than long/short. Plenty long, grippy and workable.

This is just fantastic golf. There's holes here that I dream about going back to play. Want to start with a nice downhill throw? Check. Want to end with a big downhill bomber? Yep, they've got that, too. You like short, technical ace runs? You're in luck. How about some long, tight, wooded hucks? Oh yeah. Throw in some open holes, and you've pretty much checked every throw on the shot list.

Great rolling elevation in play over darn near the whole course. Hole 14 is the hole I always think back to. Almost straight downhill, not long, with a huge ravine behind the basket. Too awesome.

Water in play on a few holes. Nothing too crazy bad, but if you go in the water on 22, you're probably out of luck.

Lots of trash cans and benches, which is a nice touch.

Decent tee signs, with all the info you need.
Cons: There's not much to pick at here. Maybe it could use more pin positions and extra tee pads on some holes.

Navigation can get a little wonky, especially in the earlier holes. It's pretty easy to get turned around. A few next tee signs would go a long way, especially when you need to cross a large parking lot to find a tee.

This place is busy, for good reason. Expect backups on the weekends.
Other Thoughts: This place is just plain fun. It's what disc golf is supposed to feel like. You'll throw damn near every disc you can carry. You'll be challenged. If I lived close, this would be the place I'd play at all the damn time, because it's just that good.

If you're in the area and don't play here, you're a moron. Just get out there and frolf, brau. You won't regret it.

is there a downside?

1    5/25/2015   6/2/2015
Review By: numbernine
Pros: 24 holes of brilliant disc golf, set in one of the most manicured parks that I have ever set foot in. I'm going to struggle to find a downside, but I'll nitpick and get there.

Baskets - Some of my favorite baskets on earth. I don't know why I love these Chainstars so much. I don't feel like I ever get spit outs on these things. the ones at Lincoln Ridge are no different.
I think that there are two placements for each basket as well. I am not sure, as I don't remember every hole off of the top of my head, but at least most do,.

Tee pads - every tee pad is level and beautifully done. Most of the are manicured with mulch and the occasional flower or two. All of the concrete is uncracked and not broken or rolling. I was surprised at how well all of these were done. Even the ones in the woods.

Shot types- I can't think of something that Lincoln Ridge does not have. Giant, huge, hyzer bombs. Short, sweeping anny shots. Roll away greens. Enormous putter shots from 350 feet away. pinpoint accuracy tunnel shots. It really is a course that is going to make you a better golfer for having played it.

the park - unmatched in how nice it is. the grass was golf course manicured in most places. no weeds in the fairways, no trash on the ground and no unpleasant graffiti or vandalism. what a great place to be and to be playing disc golf.

signs - every tee pad has a great sign that shows you precisely where you are going. all of them are clear and leave the golfer with no questions about the shot.

x factors - this is where Lincoln Ridge shines. There is a bench and a trash can on 90% of the holes out there,. There are multiple tee pads on a couple of the holes. There are so many amazing shots that I don't know if there is a signature hole. Maybe hole 24 with the ENORMOUS downhill shot from the road.
The elevation changes are second to none.
And most of all, it's just a beautiful course. It really is nice to just sit and look at most of the course.
Oh, and it really is the most fun I have had playing disc golf in a very long time. So much fun.
Cons: Nit picking here, but the place could have used a "next tee" sign in a couple of places. I wasn't sure where to go after 21 for a minute, but we got it figured out.

it was SUPER crowded when we played there. is that a con though? Again, nitpicking. But I suppose this would make your experience different.
Other Thoughts: Just go play this place. It's fun and there aren't many things to find wrong here.
Honestly, I can't imagine someone not having a great time at Lincoln ridge.

Lincoln is Idlewild's father!

1    6/27/2014   1/4/2015
Review By: sidewinder22
Pros: 24 Chainstar baskets, concrete tees and nice tee signs. I think a couple holes had dual tees and most holes had multiple pin positions. Awesome elevation changes, wooded holes, open holes, downhill bombs, uphill bombs, short technical shots, ravine shots, fast greens and variety of par 3 golf shots with water coming into play a few times providing good risk vs reward shots. Fun factor is definitely high here and appeals to players of all skill level from novice to expert. Navigation was decent for the most part. Restrooms by parking lot.
Cons: Nothing major here. There's some poison ivy in some of the rough. Navigating from hole 4 to 5 and 21 to 22 was a little tricky. No indication of which pin the basket is in and a couple blind shots. Some of the concrete tees were showing age. A couple holes play a little close together and park road. Erosion on many holes due to how popular and old the course is and having only one tee per hole. Course gets crowded because it's so fun.
Other Thoughts: Lincoln Ridge is the course that fathered Idlewild into the next generation and evolution of disc golf even through many of the people that love Lincoln believe Idlewild is a bastard! I can't believe Lincoln Ridge is over 30 years old, and it seems to have been far ahead of it's time. If I was still a beginner or playing Lincoln 20 or 30 years ago this would probably be 5 disc rating for me. The course still has an old school feel to it with it being all par 3 golf, but it's fun factor is still extremely high and the golf shots are filled with great risk vs reward. Being such a fun and varied course attracts the crowds which can become a negative thing. I played here right after Idlewild on a 90+ degree day and I was the only person playing Idlewild, but when I got to Lincoln there were droves of people playing from all different skill levels. As if playing Idlewild in this heat didn't already have my legs feeling like jello, Lincoln has just as much elevation if not more. I was dragging my legs through the last couple holes here, but it was still fun. Lincoln Ridge is definitely a must play in the greater Cincy area!

Busy course for a reason!

5+    11/1/2014   11/12/2014
Review By: GMcAtee
Pros: 24 holes!
Short and wooded, long and open, elevation.
This course is one of the busiest in the area for a reason: it has it all and is fun!
Ending a round on Hole 24 with a massive bomb off the elevated tee always makes me want to come back!
Cons: Unless you play early on a weekday, there will be a lot of waiting as the course is usually crowded.

I'm not a big fan of the alternate basket position on hole 1 that's longer and to the right. I feel it plays too close to hole 2's fairway and 9's basket. Plus it doesn't have that ace run appeal off the tee for the start of a round!

The steep hillside on the creek holes can be really slick. Once broke my middle finger falling there!
Other Thoughts: This is one of several must play courses in the Cincinnati area (with Mt. Airy, Idlewild, and Osage Grove).

my first and fav

5+    4/1/2005   8/26/2014
Review By: W7amf
Pros: Great course, with long and host holes. Goof for beginners and experts alike. Clean, well maintained safe enjoyable park.
Cons: kind of in the middle of nowhere
Other Thoughts: This was the first course i ever played and from when i played it i was hooked. I have not played consistently until this summer, but on and off, since 2004 and this course has always been on my mind. great times with great friends.

Banklick rules!

5+    8/15/2014   8/15/2014
Review By: Twan42072
Pros: Dear banklick,
I love you so much. I know I play you every Wednesday for doubles but you never get old. You weren't my first but you'll be my last and you're easy to love. You have elevation, great shots that require expert shaping as well as distance, well guarded greens and a great pucker factor on your greens. You may not have par fours but you're the sweetest par three course in the world. Half of your holes I expect a two and half I'm happy as heck with a four sometimes. And you're so well maintained after all these years.
Cons: There can be only one

Wow!!!!

5+    4/17/2014   4/17/2014
Review By: Don Gibson
This review was updated on 5/16/2014
Pros: There's plenting of good parking.I've played the course often over the last 7 years.The grass is always cut,fresh mulch is always around the tees.Well maintained course with nice tee pads.
Cons: Some holes do get a little slick after a rain,#4,5,6 and14.but it's a wooded area so it's to be exspected.A tee sign from 4 to 5 would be very helpful.The first few times I played the course I couldn't find 5 until I was ready to play 7 and seen some players coming threw the woods.
Other Thoughts: I have no big complaints on this coures it's my favorite.Maps can be printed on the gcfdga web sight for all courses.Man I can't get enough of this course!!!If you haven't played this course before hole 5 is across the parking lot to hour left.

Tons of Fun!!!

1    11/16/2013   11/17/2013
Review By: dad_of_dg_junkies
Pros: The course is located in a gorgeous public park.
There is plenty of parking very near a practice basket and the first tee.
The park and the disc golf course are VERY well maintained. (short grass, no downed limbs and paths were neat).
The course strikes a very good balance of punishing poor shots while allowing well played shots to be rewarded with birdies or better.
One of my favorite aspects of this course is the number of times that the course allows you to bomb it off the tee.
Change in elevation is also a "Pro" on this course. There are holes that are listed that played as much as 100 ft short or longer than the scorecard distance due to elevation change.
We played every hole as a par 3 and hole 5-6 and 14-16 will challenge most disc golfers to make par.
After thinking about it, I played every disc in my bag during the round. That is always a PRO. The course while very open in some spots will also require some VERY precise shots on others. You will have to work the disc in both directions.
The course is VERY easy to follow. It was my first time playing it, and I didn't have any navigation problems. Signs were nice and accurate view of the holes.
I won't go into detail of each hole, that has been done very accurately by other reviews. All I will add is that each hole seemed very unique.
The 'FUN FACTOR" of this course is EXTREMELY high!
Cons: The only problem that I had with the course was the traction. When we played the course, it had rained the day before. Several of the tee boxes were very slick. There are also a couple of hills on the course that caused a lot of problems getting up and down due to being very slick.
Other Thoughts: I had tried to play this course 3 months ago, and didn't get the chance because of another event going on in the park. My persistence paid off this time. This is a great place to play disc golf. The scenery is awesome and the variety and challenge provide a great experience. Lincoln Ridge and Idlewild are a must play for anyone visiting this area. I would love to have a course like Lincoln Ridge in my city.

Great Course

5+    10/1/2013   10/19/2013
Review By: Rjmephillips115
Pros: This course is my personal favorite. It is a 24 hole course that is well taken care of. This course has shots that include downhill, uphill, dog leg left, dog leg right, and near water. I am not an expert player by any means, so this course is challenging to all levels of players. The park itself is very clean and up kept. I organize my company's picnic here every year because of its quality and activities that it provides.
Cons: The only con that I see that this course has is when walking from hole 14 to 15. The steps could be repaired or replaced. It is a very steep area and can bed dangerous when wet.
Other Thoughts: I like how on holes 1, 10, and 13 they change the placement of the baskets. I wish they would change the placement of other pins to give more of a variety. This course is probably the closes to perfect that I have been to.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10