Independence, KY
Lincoln Ridge Park Share

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Busy course for a reason!

5+    11/1/2014   11/12/2014
Review By: GMcAtee
Pros: 24 holes!
Short and wooded, long and open, elevation.
This course is one of the busiest in the area for a reason: it has it all and is fun!
Ending a round on Hole 24 with a massive bomb off the elevated tee always makes me want to come back!
Cons: Unless you play early on a weekday, there will be a lot of waiting as the course is usually crowded.

I'm not a big fan of the alternate basket position on hole 1 that's longer and to the right. I feel it plays too close to hole 2's fairway and 9's basket. Plus it doesn't have that ace run appeal off the tee for the start of a round!

The steep hillside on the creek holes can be really slick. Once broke my middle finger falling there!
Other Thoughts: This is one of several must play courses in the Cincinnati area (with Mt. Airy, Idlewild, and Osage Grove).

my first and fav

5+    4/1/2005   8/26/2014
Review By: W7amf
Pros: Great course, with long and host holes. Goof for beginners and experts alike. Clean, well maintained safe enjoyable park.
Cons: kind of in the middle of nowhere
Other Thoughts: This was the first course i ever played and from when i played it i was hooked. I have not played consistently until this summer, but on and off, since 2004 and this course has always been on my mind. great times with great friends.

Banklick rules!

5+    8/15/2014   8/15/2014
Review By: Twan42072
Pros: Dear banklick,
I love you so much. I know I play you every Wednesday for doubles but you never get old. You weren't my first but you'll be my last and you're easy to love. You have elevation, great shots that require expert shaping as well as distance, well guarded greens and a great pucker factor on your greens. You may not have par fours but you're the sweetest par three course in the world. Half of your holes I expect a two and half I'm happy as heck with a four sometimes. And you're so well maintained after all these years.
Cons: There can be only one

Wow!!!!

5+    4/17/2014   4/17/2014
Review By: Don Gibson
This review was updated on 5/16/2014
Pros: There's plenting of good parking.I've played the course often over the last 7 years.The grass is always cut,fresh mulch is always around the tees.Well maintained course with nice tee pads.
Cons: Some holes do get a little slick after a rain,#4,5,6 and14.but it's a wooded area so it's to be exspected.A tee sign from 4 to 5 would be very helpful.The first few times I played the course I couldn't find 5 until I was ready to play 7 and seen some players coming threw the woods.
Other Thoughts: I have no big complaints on this coures it's my favorite.Maps can be printed on the gcfdga web sight for all courses.Man I can't get enough of this course!!!If you haven't played this course before hole 5 is across the parking lot to hour left.

Tons of Fun!!!

1    11/16/2013   11/17/2013
Review By: dad_of_dg_junkies
Pros: The course is located in a gorgeous public park.
There is plenty of parking very near a practice basket and the first tee.
The park and the disc golf course are VERY well maintained. (short grass, no downed limbs and paths were neat).
The course strikes a very good balance of punishing poor shots while allowing well played shots to be rewarded with birdies or better.
One of my favorite aspects of this course is the number of times that the course allows you to bomb it off the tee.
Change in elevation is also a "Pro" on this course. There are holes that are listed that played as much as 100 ft short or longer than the scorecard distance due to elevation change.
We played every hole as a par 3 and hole 5-6 and 14-16 will challenge most disc golfers to make par.
After thinking about it, I played every disc in my bag during the round. That is always a PRO. The course while very open in some spots will also require some VERY precise shots on others. You will have to work the disc in both directions.
The course is VERY easy to follow. It was my first time playing it, and I didn't have any navigation problems. Signs were nice and accurate view of the holes.
I won't go into detail of each hole, that has been done very accurately by other reviews. All I will add is that each hole seemed very unique.
The 'FUN FACTOR" of this course is EXTREMELY high!
Cons: The only problem that I had with the course was the traction. When we played the course, it had rained the day before. Several of the tee boxes were very slick. There are also a couple of hills on the course that caused a lot of problems getting up and down due to being very slick.
Other Thoughts: I had tried to play this course 3 months ago, and didn't get the chance because of another event going on in the park. My persistence paid off this time. This is a great place to play disc golf. The scenery is awesome and the variety and challenge provide a great experience. Lincoln Ridge and Idlewild are a must play for anyone visiting this area. I would love to have a course like Lincoln Ridge in my city.

Great Course

5+    10/1/2013   10/19/2013
Review By: Rjmephillips115
Pros: This course is my personal favorite. It is a 24 hole course that is well taken care of. This course has shots that include downhill, uphill, dog leg left, dog leg right, and near water. I am not an expert player by any means, so this course is challenging to all levels of players. The park itself is very clean and up kept. I organize my company's picnic here every year because of its quality and activities that it provides.
Cons: The only con that I see that this course has is when walking from hole 14 to 15. The steps could be repaired or replaced. It is a very steep area and can bed dangerous when wet.
Other Thoughts: I like how on holes 1, 10, and 13 they change the placement of the baskets. I wish they would change the placement of other pins to give more of a variety. This course is probably the closes to perfect that I have been to.

Troll's Review

1    10/1/2013   10/5/2013
Review By: Eric troll Biscuits
Pros: 24 holes
easy to follow lay out
plays to the landscape perfectly
nice views, creek beds, mini water falls
loads of challenges, with variations from hole to hole.
well manicured, and play close to the water for the KY Disc golf experience
Cons: No water fountains through the progression, definitely bring your own.
Other Thoughts: Remember why a course rated 5, you cant just put baskets through out some woods and expect to change The Big 3 when you compare the top 3 courses

High Fun Factor at Lincoln Ridge

1    9/24/2013   9/30/2013
Review By: BigAl724
Pros: -Located in a family-friendly park that has nice bathrooms, plenty of parking space, multiple playgrounds, soccer and baseball fields, multiple pavilions, and of course, disc golf. Lincoln Ridge is easy to get to off of I-71 and is located near a very nice golf course and neighborhood. It truly is in one of the most picturesque park settings I've played in and is very scenic in the woods and out in the open.
-Tee signs are in good shape, and tell you the pars, hole numbers, and lengths (except for 18 which is a hand-written tee sign). There are multiple tees on some of the holes, and 2-3 pin positions on every hole. The tees are long and wide concrete pads, while the baskets are Chainstar, have numbers on most of them, and are in good shape.
-This course is very well maintained and the grass is low on all the fairways. Also, the holes in the holes would normally be pretty rough, but there has been obvious steps to reduce this. It looks like the trees are often trimmed and the weed are often whacked, very much appreciated.
-Very friendly and helpful locals who volunteered to show me around the course and even helped me look for a lost disc without me asking.
-Only 20 minutes from Idlewild and 30 from Cincy courses

-Great variety of hole types and shots! It is split almost perfectly in three ways for hyzer, anhyzer, and straight shots and about 50/50 for wooded and more open shots. Use of elevation is one of the greatest aspects of this course and many holes (1, 2, 7, 14, 18, 20, and 24) offer pretty rapid elevation changes. Other holes play on slopes (3, 4, 5, 15, 16, 19, and 21). Also, this course allows you to bomb a few holes (1, 2, 11, 12, 13, 21, and 24) as well as play some very tight, technical shots (5-8 and 16-20). This course flowed very well as far as constantly changing from open to wooded and so on, not causing shots to seem repetitive and keeping the fun factor high. Water also comes into play on many of the holes, with a stream on the right of a steep slope from 14-16 and two separate ponds from 21-24.
-This is a great course to bring a beginner to, as there are multiple open shots, but they would get to see the technical side of the sport with the many wooded shots, and the fact that the water holes are fun but not very risky.
Cons: While Lincoln Ridge offers great variety and very fun, unique holes, there are certain aspects that hurt the course's overall rating a little bit.
-Navigation is a little rough at times, as some of the holes run back and forth to each other (I'm thinking of 11-13, 19-20 here). What makes it more difficult is that a few of the numbers on the baskets are worn off, so it makes it harder to figure out which basket belongs to which hole a few times. It would be helpful if there were more next tee signs and if the tee signs themselves pointed you in the right direction. It also got confusing after 21, where you have to cross the road and play the two holes around the smaller pond. I played 24 after 21because they are so close. A sign pointing across the road would also be helpful here.
-This course is over 30 years old, so a bunch of the tees are cracked (a bunch still being less than half though).
-Hole 2 plays dangerously close to the road.
-It was very crowded when I was there on a Tuesday evening. This bothered me because some of the holes plays close together, so discs were flying into my hole's fairway at times.
Other Thoughts: Lincoln Ridge truly has a high fun factor, with great variety of hole types, great use of elevation, and very scenic holes. While there weren't any throw-away holes here, some were pretty plain, even 1 or 2 in the woods. However, the best ones were unique, technical, and fun enough to give this course a 4.5 rating. My favorites were:

1- Great open downhill shot with a pin position in a tight corner of the woods
6- Very fun hyper then anhyzer that plays through a tight line in the woods, plays slightly uphill and has a tough pin position behind a few trees
7- Very fun tight downhill shot with a mango through 2 specific trees
13- A beautiful straight then anhyzer shot with the basket on a slope
14- Possibly my favorite hole on the course, extreme downhill shot that's goes left forces you to hyzer throughout a tight line of trees and then fade back to the right. Death putt scenario with the pin on a steep slope and the creek behind it.
20- Anny through a very tight line between trees. Plays downhill then uphill to the pin
24- Great way to end the course with a long downhill hyzer shot. Very picturesque shot

Took me 1 1/2 hours to play.

My Favorite

1    9/1/2012   8/3/2013
Review By: looking4owls
Pros: Excellent signage
All types of shots needed, long and open bombs and short, accurate holes as well
Excellent pads
Gorgeous setting
Great elevation
Cons: I didn't see any room for improvement
Other Thoughts: The best I've played, and I've played some great courses.

good course had a blast

1    7/21/2013   7/25/2013
Review By: Nathannjt
Pros: lots of long throws really gets you to test your accuracy at distance shots holes were easy to spot on almost every hole.
Cons: Direction to the next tee would have been useful in some areas.
Other Thoughts: good course ill play it when ever im in the area for sure.

< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10