Eagle River, AK
Schroeder Park DGC Share

Short Worn Out Local Course

5+    8/28/2015   8/28/2015
Review By: Mr. Butlertron
- Nice gazebo at the entrance of the course.
- 9 baskets
- Hole 1
- Free parking
- Free course
- Lots of ace runs
- Hard to lose a disc on the course
- Hard to tell if the park actually had a course or if I was just 9 damaged baskets randomly assorted around the edges of the park.
I'm not certain that any course maintenance has been done since last throwing at Schroeder park. This course was just a bad and confusing as when I played it over ten years ago. There's nothing indicating a teepad, course layout, or numbers near any of the baskets besides a few worn spots in the ground. Schroeder park is a short technical course located in the middle of a neiborhood with backyards lining the "fairways". Errant throws may end up in a fenced yard if you are not careful. The baskets are low quality and are in need of some TLC. My made putt, on what I assumed was hole #9, fell through the basket. I'm sure there is a local group that has their own local layout, but I'd still rather throw somewhere else. I probably will wait another decade before I decide to sample this course again.

Squandered baskets?

5+    8/27/2013   5/12/2014
Review By: Alaskarulz
Pros: Add some aces to your count!
Cons: Way, way too short, but that's fine if this course is intended to attract brand new players. Lots of hoodlums. Litter everywhere of the worst order- beer bottles, cans, and I saw 4 hypodermics last time. Baskets are all bent up and seem to be in worse shape every time I go. No well defined tee pads- one usually gets the awesome answer from the locals "Oh, we just throw from wherever."

Nice Short Course

1    9/18/2010   9/18/2010
Review By: Umshewa
Pros: Lot's of trees, which makes you have to shoot accurately. Good for honing your skills.
Cons: No markers for where the holes start. Map is off a little. Hole 7 shows the hole to the left when in fact it is to the right. Couldn't find the exact place to tee off on hole 2.
Other Thoughts: This is a short course that can be played in about 25 minutes at a descent pace. Lots of trees to get in your way but easy enough. Fun if you only have a limited amount of time to play. Would recommend scouting some of the holes before shouting.