Athol, ID
Hole #10

Wreckreator Can Wreck You

5+    5/21/2012   6/25/2012
Review By: General Scales
Pros: Awesome variety of holes. Bombers and placement shots. Good balance between sidearm and backhand shots. Good elevation changes throughout. Punishes those who throw errant tee shots. Course kept up well with a lot of the fairways being cleaned out from what they were 3 years ago.
Cons: Somewhat difficult to navigate if you aren't familiar. No next tee signs anywhere. Many people that play out here for the first time will skip the back loop due to the fact that walking off the first long hole you'll see a teepad to the left of the trail. This is not the correct hole as there are at least 3 or 4 more that play around the back of this area.
Other Thoughts: Out of the three courses at Farragut, this is the hardest (in my opinion). A.W.O.L maybe more wooded and longer, but there are par fours on that course. This course is all par three. Still an awesome course and worth the time (and frustration) that it brings.

5+    6/20/2011   7/5/2011
Review By: DiscNoid
Pros: Probably my favorite out of the Farragut trio. Challenging and a very well laid out course with several elevation changes including pin placement and several holes where you can "air it out". Tee pads #6 and #15 are placed at the back of the water tower and allow you to really get some distance with the elevation. BUT, be careful on #6 as there are some pretty nasty thorn infested bushes on the left at the bottom of the hill. One thing I forgot to mention is that on all 3 courses there are pro and amateur pars.
Cons: Some blind shots here and there but nothing to difficult. Sides of fairways are heavily wooded with brush as well. Leaving the fairway with your disc can sometimes be time consuming to find. Beware of ground squirrel holes and such.
Other Thoughts: Defiantly don't pass Farragut up if your in the area. It's a excellent place to camp and frolf!!

Wish it was My Local Course

1    5/29/2011   7/2/2011
Review By: Barthanatos
Pros: - Course maps available at ranger station (for a fee).
- Discs for sale at ranger station. They had a few different brands, and I would say more than fifty kinds to choose from.
- Concrete tee pads.
- Signage was adequate, particularly in combination with the course map.
- There is a practice basket.
- Good parking.
- Restrooms at parking lot.
- There are two other courses on site.
- Course was well-maintained.
- The courses where I live are almost all tight, technical and heavily wooded. This course was a welcome change with many more open, longer throws, while still incorporating good in-the-woods holes.
Cons: - Some of the teepads are quite small, and irregularly shaped.
- "Pro" and "Am" scoring differs only in what is expected for par. I don't really see the point in this except making people feel better about themselves.
- One of the drives needs to clear these really nasty tree/bush things, which is not hard per se, but woe to he who lands in them.
Other Thoughts: I played here with my dad and brother-in-law, both first time disc golfers. They enjoyed the course. Of the three courses at Farragut, this is the only one we had time to play, and we were uncertain of the location of the A.W.O.L. course (our first choice). It turns out that the map/pamphlet we got at the ranger station was missing an insert that had the other course on it. We learned this by asking another group we ran across. A.W.O.L. is apparently located across the street from the parking lot, where we thought the "family" course was.

Based on my day here, I don't understand the comments by other reviewers about losing discs or the course not being beginner friendly. The course is an easy enough walk my 3 year old would have no trouble, and a jogging stroller would be easy to use here.