4 Helpful / 2 Not
I've Aced EVERY tree...
Pros: * Great mix of shots: fairways, dog legs, long, and short.
* Interesting mixed wooded terrain. This includes old housing foundations, a walking path on the outskirts and large commercial planes flying appearing to fly about 10 feet over your head!
* Lots of benches.
* The woods keep the wind down to a minimum.
Cons: * Navigation can be difficult; really difficult for first timers. I took a picture of the Map Board with my cell phone so I could refer back to it.
* Heavily wooded. If you're an Am3 or lower, consider this place a trick shot course and chase your discs to see where they land.
* High Probability of losing a disc. Watch them close, and employ a spotter!
* No bathroom facilities, unless you count the bushes as such... PLEASE pack it out if number 2 calls...
* Animal Control heavily patrols the area. I mean, they get sneaky, roving around through the woods in their trucks and taking video! Keep that pup licensed, vaccinated, and on a leash or suffer the ticket!
* I've been told the underbrush gets really dense during the summer, and to reserve this as a winter course.
Other Thoughts: A couple of Pro/Am tournaments have been held here now. It's a privately maintained course directly under the flight landing path of SeaTac Int'l Airport. Play here with people that are better than you and you'll learn so much. Bring a pair of gloves in case you have to go into the brambles for your disc!
4 of 6 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 2 Not
I don't think it lived up to the hype...
Pros: -Very, very challenging.
-Good variety of shots.
-Nice course map with detail.
-Green signs pointing to the next tee.
-Baskets and tees are in good shape.
Cons: -The grass is too tall! Mow the fricken grass!
-Trash, broken glass, etc all over the place.
-Bad neighboorhood, homeless and other sketchy characters everywhere.
-Very flat, little elevation change.
-No parking here, there was only 4-5 spots and they were full when I came.
I think my main con was the grass. There was no fairway and tons of time was wasted searching for even good throws. It made the round miserable.
Other Thoughts: I loved Kingwood park and this one fell short of other reviews. If you are a pro looking for a challenge come here but if you are not don't come here.
6 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.