Rainier, OR
Trojan Park Share
Uploaded By: Adam Schneider Hole #6 (Taken 7/2008)
3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #6

Watch out for that waaaater

1    8/30/2013   8/31/2013
Review By: longandwrong
Pros: Easy to find the course. The terrain is mostly level (a few hidden holes which can make you go down). Course is pretty open, in a park, that is mowed. Has cement tee pads for all but 3 holes...1, 10, 13. One par 4 number 5 but could be a 500 foot par 3. Nice pleasant day of disc in the park.
Cons: Absolutely NO signs. Hole number one you go by the picture on the map that you download from this site, Disc Golf Review. Without the map you could be very frustrated. The bridge that is closed is the only way to get to 8, 12 and beyond. Well not really, you could walk around the sloughs 2 extra times which would only add 1 mile to your walk and interfere with players playing holes 10, 11 twice. Parking is along side of entrance street. Even though there is a great parking lot right as you enter. I think it belongs to the old Trojan plant. No trash cans, one portable bathroom at start.
Other Thoughts: I enjoyed playing this course. The map was essential. Throwing over water at least 5 times was challenging and cost me one driver. Also a couple of holes run right along the sloughs and if your name is "longandwrong" you might be fishing for a disc. I did. Luckily there are some dead branches by the road that helped me going plastic fishing :))) Have fun. After the first 5 holes I thought this course is 'easy peasy' but then I got around the water...made it a little more challenging. Good day on a fun little course.

If you want to be challenged, this is your course!

1    7/14/2012   7/15/2012
Review By: AceAtHornings
Pros: Overall, this has to be one of the most challenging courses I've played. I even lost a couple discs today. And this course is unique...you're not going to find too many courses with this much water hazard.
Cons: This course should be at least a 3.0...I gave it a 2.5 simply because the course is hard to navigate. The lack of labels and signage took away from the experience...I want to take in the scenery and think about my game, instead of racking my brain trying to figure out where the next hole is. Also, part of the course is right smack next to a two-lane hwy...detracts from the overall experience just a little.
Other Thoughts: Add some basic signage...and I mean basic (like arrows painted on rocks, etc). Then I would consider rating this course a 3.0