Estacada, OR
Timber Park Share
Uploaded By: JMONEY Hole #8 (Taken 5/2012)

< Prev 1 2 3 4
Nice Course

2-4    9/25/2016   10/7/2016
Review By: ereezy503
Pros: Nice tee pads, bark chips around hole to settle shots, so they don't roll away, nice mix of holes (open, tunnel, dog legs left, right, straight), very clean. It is so nice to not see trash and empty beer cans everywhere. Plenty of score card/maps at the first tee box.
Cons: Baskets are tricky to locate on a couple holes your first time out. Map doesn't always depict exactly where the basket is.
Other Thoughts: Groundskeeper is very friendly, locals are very cool and were eager to help a noob find his way around. I couldn't figure out how to log a lost disc on the page, but I lost an aerobie epic on my drive on 11. Usually my thumber starts left, goes right about; this time it decided to start left, go right, then coast an extra 80 feet long and to the left, into the ivy or water, not sure. If you find a purple epic hit me up please.

Worth the drive!

1    8/21/2016   8/21/2016
Review By: karmalord
Pros: Benches at almost every tee
Great course for beginners through intermediate
Tees and baskets marked
21 baskets!
Well layed out course ending at lower parking lot
Plenty of trees = plenty of shade
Boat ramp and lake for after the round
Not too hilly which makes for a nice round
Not too many places to lose a disc!

Cons: No signs,so bring a course map just to stay on track,
Even with map we threw in the wrong direction (left/right) a few times.
Other Thoughts: Great course and a 15-20 minute drive off I-205,so weekends shouldn't be bad as this is worth the drive to play. Well taken care of and one of my favorite courses to play so far.

Milo + Timber = perfect day!

2-4    4/10/2016   1/10/2016
Review By: Pierparknut
This review was updated on 4/10/2016
Pros: -This is a 21-hole course set in a park in Estacada, Oregon. It has a great variety of holes (200-600ft), some wide open holes and some wooded holes. There were so many good holes it was hard to pick a favorite. Many holes had forehand and backhand options. However, it seemed the easier option was most always the backhand route.
-There was the perfect mix of open and wooded holes.
-It is kept in great condition by PGE.
-Gravel and woodchips, plus short grass, help this course be one of the best winter courses in Oregon. My shoes were completely dry at the end of a winter round, quite a surprise. It is worth the hour-long drive.
-Large tee pads and the baskets both had numbers on them. No tee signs, though.
-Decent Mach 2 baskets. Not the best, but they function.
-Two pin locations on almost every hole, far enough away from each other to change shot selection on many.
-A clean port-a-potty by the lower parking lot and permanent restroom by the upper parking lot. Also, a course map on a bulletin board near the upper parking lot. Trash cans and benches were present on every hole.
-By the picnic area and the swings is a practice basket.
-It's a super flexible layout. To avoid big groups you can easily start on #1, #2, #3, #4, #9, #10, or #12.
Cons: -Can get really crowded even in winter. I thought for a course this far out from the city, there would be few people, but people must come from Gresham or Clackamas to play here.
-Holes were a little tight. Teepads were too close to the previous basket on numerous occasions, and fairways were very close together. Lots of mandos.
-With a few exceptions, most of the holes were 275-325 feet. I found myself using the same couple discs over and over.
Other Thoughts: -Google Maps gave directions using a Rivermill Road and Kilowatt Lane, a PGE restricted access road. Drive past that road on 224 and follow the signs to Timber Park.
-I parked in the upper parking lot, but the first tee was located near the lower parking lot. You have to pass the upper parking lot on the right and go down under to the lower parking lot, which is tiny. It is easier to park in the upper parking lot and start on #3 or walk to #1. A local told me #3 used to be #1, which really makes sense, as it is lots closer to the big upper parking lot.
-If you're up to it you can do a 58-hole marathon day with here and Milo, just across the river. 2 incredible courses 10 minutes from each other.
-It seemed like everyone had a dog. But, I didn't encounter any unfriendly ones, or any poop, even though I smelled cow crap. Must be a farm nearby.
-Even if it was a bit crowded, I thoroughly enjoyed my round here. I absolutely couldn't believe it was as dry as it was. I'll definitely be back for more before winter's over.

Locals are the worst

2-4    9/8/2015   1/9/2016
Review By: kyleocean
Pros: Nice tee pads, super long. Nice baskets. Holes are for the most part long with typical obstacles and distances. No surprises here.
Cons: LOCALS SUCK. SERIOUSLY. Poor signage, no map. Layout is not clear at all and flow makes it difficult to figure out where to go next. Overall, this seemingly incredibly typical course was unnessecarily difficult to figure out which could easily be solved with a map at hole 1 that is up to date.
Other Thoughts: MORE ON LOCALS SUCK. I've played a lot of disc golf, in numerous states and even a few countries, and have never been so ridiculously aggravated by rude and obnoxious locals. I showed up on a non-busy summer day, had trouble finding the first hole and finally stopped to ask where to go. the group was less than helpful and kinda sent me sorta towards hole 1 but literally had the attitude of "we don't want you to play our course so if you cant find hole 1 on your own, go away." I finally found hole 1 but the tee sign was useless and there was no map. I found a make shift map on my phone but it ended up being useless as well. Started walking towards where I thought hole two would be and found more locals. asked if I was in the right directions. was again treated horribly by locals who wished I would just leave. Played 2 & 3 and by the time I found 4, a group of 6 locals came out of nowhere and jumped in front of me and made sure to drive and leave the pad just as I found hole 4. Then took literally as long as they possibly could on that hole, including standing next to the basket to smoke while I was waiting to drive. Finally i called ahead "coming in, fore," and they glared at me as I parked it and almost scuffed their shoes. they yelled at me as I sprinted up to my tap in birdie hoping i could jump in front of their huge group but YET AGAIN, they rushed their drives and made sure to be off and running by the time I got to the tee pad.

I have never been so incredibly disrespected by locals in my whole life. the people who regularly play this disc golf course are making a bad name for the entire game of disc golf. I understand Portland gets busy on courses but this was not a busy day and the way I was treated was absolutely ridiculous. If you are in a group larger than four, you need to always let people play through and this local "better than thou" attitude is tossing fuel on the fire that is portland prententious players who aren't as good as they think and act.

I'd like to give this course another chance, but it will be in the cold winter when I can assure it will be vacant. It seems like it has the potential to be a decent course with some longer and difficult holes.

Home course

1    12/14/2015   12/16/2015
Review By: Chasinchains503
Pros: -21 holes all but 4 have multiple pin locations! Always fun to see what position they're in
-clean tee pads with 10 gallon buckets as garbage cans every other hole or so
-mostly open shots but there is always a tree or twenty to make you question what you want to throw
- good variety of length to the holes
- friendly grounds keepers run by PGE
Cons: -nothing wrong with the course just things I wish were there that would make it better!

-pro/am pads to give different angles and range
-signs at tee pad showing multiple locations with footage to each pin
-better baskets (they're not bad, just wish they were nicer!)
Other Thoughts: This has been my home course to learn on. Great range of different shots you can throw. Good course to learn how to get distance out of your discs (stepping up from the small 9 hole courses). Quality baskets so you're not chaining out all the time.

Has a park for kids to play at.
Restrooms and porta potty in the park

Would have given the course a 5 if it had the added wishes. &#128513;

Fun Course

5+    9/22/2014   8/25/2015
Review By: gdnelson72
Pros: This is about as good of course as you will find and not have to pay to get in the park. Nice variety of longer and shorter holes as well as holes in and out of the woods.
Cons: Gets pretty crowded when McIver (which is just across the river) is not available.
Other Thoughts: About the only times I have played this course are when there is something going on at McIver, but it is a pretty good subsitute!

One of the best in the NW

5+    12/2/2014   12/3/2014
Review By: LaserShot
Pros: -Tee pads are some of the best I have ever seen
-Good course flow
-Minimal chance to lose discs
-You can use so many different discs for one shot
-Holes are well designed
-RHFH and RHBH equal amount of throws
-Minimal underbrush
-beautiful scenery
Cons: -No signage but once you play through once you cant get lost
-Can get crowded on weekends
-Couple places you have to watch other groups discs to make sure you dont get hit
Other Thoughts: I played this course for the first time today even though I have lived in gresham for 3 years. I play Milo religiously and after playing this course, it gives Milo a run for its money. The course is not too long and not too short. A lot of different looks and amazing tee pads. Just a GREAT course to play on from beginners to pros.

A Must Play

2-4    3/8/2014   6/18/2014
Review By: mbressler13
Pros: -Excellent tee pads
-Multiple pin locations
-Mach 2 baskets catch great
-Beautiful setting
-No cost to play!

Cons: -Signage is minimal
-Can get very crowded
-More garbages and more benches would be nice!
Other Thoughts: With this being so close to McIver you can make a whole day of discing out of it. I really like this course actually. First time I played it I was exhausted from playing McIver beforehand. Course can get crowded on weekends with it being a "free to play" course.

Great course that comes up short

1    9/12/2012   9/14/2012
Review By: CodeMonkey
Pros: Lots of variety. Great practice for all types of shots. Good ranges. Tees marked. Not overly crowded. Good wind but not too windy. Cement tee pads.
Cons: No tee maps or pin location indicators/markers. Playing the course the first time, had to scout most holes. Front nine were a little clearer than the back 9. 18-19 broken/missing? Pins for 4, 15 & 17 are all within a few feet of each other. Course map?
Other Thoughts: The back nine seem like more of an afterthought to the front nine. I didn't play Milo didn't know about it when I played this course and wouldn't have had time to play it on this trip anyway. This is another course that could be really great with a little help from tee maps, overall map, better direction markings, etc. This seems to happen to too many decent courses.

Check it out!

5+    9/2/2012   9/2/2012
Review By: JMONEY
Pros: Plenty of parking, Restrooms, Water, Pavillion with benches, Warm-up basket, Large concrete tee pads, good mix of RHBH and LHBH shots, Kiosk, Multiple pin placements, Dog friendly, Friendly locals and best of all it's FREE!
Cons: No tee signs, Crowded at times, Navigation can be difficult for first time.
Other Thoughts: Cool locals are very helpful with tips and navigation through the course. Tee pads have the number painted on them to assist with navigation. This course has all Mach III baskets and is one of the first DG course installed in the state of Oregon. This is a fun and challenging course and suggest that if you are in the area its a must play.

< Prev 1 2 3 4